MK2 Big bumpers on a MK1

Discussion in 'Styling, Trim and Bodywork' started by austin-cooper, Nov 16, 2005.

1. Admin Guest

sorry dude [:$] :lol: ;)

2. Carbs4ever Forum Member

Riley

put on a cheesy "you've won this fabulous" type voice...
    then read this

"You can make that dream happen by following these three simple steps, YES THREE SIMPLE STEPS"

step 1 - sell the corrado

step 2 - buy a 300 quid polo coupe which will take you to mars and back in one tank full

step 3 - use the money from the rado and the savings from driving a polo coupe to fund the resurection of the best model of car in the world.

Yes you can make your dream come true - you're under no obligation to buy and no salesman will call - yes it really is that easy.... :lol:

3. Admin Guest

great idea above! :clap: [:D] ;)

4. mk1vdub Forum Member

while googling for some bonrath top mounts I came across these, from bonrath:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

here

[:D]

they look like they might be better than the R&A design ones anyway...

I quite like big bumpers on a mk1, origionals will always rule but they can look good, I also don't get why people will say clipper kits look ok on a cabrio but not on a hard top? [:[]

clipper kits will obviuosly fit best as they were designed to fit a mk1, I don't think I have ever seen mk2 style bumpers pulled off properly though - they don't look right with standard Gti arches
    heres a few pics anyway [8D] :

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

sorry I got a bit carried away! [:$]
    there are plenty more on demonvw
    Edited by: mk1vdub

5. Admin Guest

what i dont' get is if you wanted your golf to look like a mk2, why don't you buy a mk2??? [:s]

no ones putting mk1 bumpers on mk2's.............

6. montythemole Forum Member

Very true. Personally I like bumperless on Mk1s but the rear always looks a little odd.