MK6 GOLF GTi

Discussion in 'Mk6' started by Richard Mk2, Mar 5, 2009.

1. Jolfa

Jolfa Forum Junkie

Ok maybe special was the wrong word, fast was the one I was looking for [:p]
    I agree with this.

2. Nordoff Forum Junkie

Why it isn't special to me.
    Have we changed the trim a bit? check.
    Has it got the same engine as every other audi/skoda/seat/vw/toaster? check.
    Has it got enough driver aids for the blondes to believe they can drive safely too? check.
    Is it safer due to all the extra steel? check.
    Is it safer to other cars due to all that extra steel?........ only if they drive a heavy new car too.
    If I wanted a new "hot hatch" I'd look at renault.

3. Admin Guest

performance figures sell.

you can have all that above jazz in a lesser version of the GTI, people buy the GTI because of that badge, becaue it has that get up and go.

4. Nordoff Forum Junkie

Ps the back ends of em look fat and american now.

5. aaronmk1 Forum Member

had one of these turn up at work back in December as a prototype.. Looks lovely from the front as said above not a massive fan of the back lights..

Overall a nice car tho, the version we had at work had touch screen sat nav in a 7.5 screen amoung other nice toys.. if your into that kinda thing..

6. micky1 Forum Member

well having owned all golf gti's i can say the mk5 is way ahead. TORQUE is what all NA gti's have lacked and that whats gives the mk5 great mid range.

the mk6 comes out of the need to make money. the mk5 was to expensive to build so they have standardised the car and build times have been cut.

I believe the mk7 will come soon enough as the mk6 is in fact a 5.5 model. It's good to see the other manufacturers stepping up and building great drivers cars. Personally i'd like the RS with out the RS bits! I prefer the anominity of the mk5 gti.

7. RIP-MK3 Forum Addict

agreed ^^ the Focus RS is a bit too 'look at me im 35 and still driving down maccy d's in the evenings to impress the kids' to me.

would love one, but on looks prefer the subtlety of the new gti

8. Richard Mk2

Richard Mk2 Paid Member Paid Member

:lol: :lol: :lol:

:thumbup:

9. Gaz37 The Grouch. Paid Member

The Mk1 stood head & shoulders above it's competition, the Mk2 head only but has outlasted the competition, the Mk5 & 6 don't show any sign of doing either.

10. Tspec

Tspec Forum Member

where as the ol' reliable mk4 just conquers all :thumbup:

11. GVK

GVK Paid Member Paid Member

Hurray, common sense at last :clap:

12. sambo Paid Member Paid Member

Yep, as above...

Like i said on page 1, ignore the figures on paper, take it for a long-ish drive and you will realise just how good mkV gti is, and no doubt mkVI will be as good

Dont get me wrong, i love mk2 valvers, in my eyes one of best standard cars vw ever built, drive it properly and its still very good fun, but...

MkV is better and quicker car all round

13. Dan W

Dan W CGTI Regional Host

It's pointless comparing the mk2 to a mk6, the only thing in common with them now is the name, I sure if safety and the environment wasn't an issue then the car would still be a light weight simple hatch like the mk2 but the fact is it's not. We all say we don't need sat nav, abs, aircon, leather and all the rest of it but we all spend money putting these things in older cars anyway! and if it didn't have all this extra equipment nothing would have moved on from the eighties and we would all be bored with cars by now :lol:

14. GVK

GVK Paid Member Paid Member

Amen to that.

15. RIP-MK3 Forum Addict

I wouldn't stress about it, people are still in denial about how good the mk3 gti is :lol: :lol: :lol:

16. Admin Guest

Their time will come:lol:

17. Dan W

Dan W CGTI Regional Host

No one's in denial they're just not any good:lol: only joking, I love my mk3 gti,

[​IMG]

one of the best car's i've bought especially as I only gave 50 for it!

18. danTbone Forum Member

i think mrk6 looks good but subtle, more quality than fancey plastic kits on other makes .
    its a shame they have'nt given it more power, give its gti name back like when they fisrt made the mrk1 .well if no good we can just blag the engine and put it in are older golfs

19. aaronmk1 Forum Member

Had a drive in a Mk6 today at work.. awesome car i would like to say.. Got a diesel in as well.. Loads of torque and a nice all round car.. Although i don't see much difference in drive from the Mk6 to the MkV.. But as said above.. the MkV is a awesome drive!!

20. GRINGOG60 Forum Member

And its still doesnt make any sense now!:clap: