My car has been trashed

Discussion in 'Ooooops!' started by Daz..., Feb 9, 2007.

1. golfmanuk Forum Member

so tell me this what makes you think they not goin to strike again........ once youve spent all this money on "redoing" the paint how you know that the person or persons in question are not goin to strike again....

suggest a confrontation is best get old skool on um LOL

2. Daz... Forum Member

I thought that myself, that's why the car has been moved well away from where I live now and by the time it's back on the road I won't be living there anyway...and I'm going to be putting it in a garage when I move ;)

3. alpinejim

alpinejim Forum Member

As good a reason as any for learning to do your own work. I don't trust many people to do work for me, there's too many cowboys out there. I'd rather tackle it myself and learn as i go along.

As for the paint stripper, there's just no need for that. Some people really have no respect and there's only one solution in my book and it doesn't involve the police (hopefully).

4. Sarah1971 Forum Member

I had a car covered in brake fluid once... left most of my paint job on the garage forecourt when I went to jet wash the car off, not nice, my sympathies are with you, but for me I even knew who did it... and the Police, wouldn't do a thing...... there's always time for me to get a little of my own back.....

5. rallyeluke Forum Member

you have heard this a million times but my sympathies are with you. there are some real degenerate stupid looking cu**s in the world who take great pride in ruining your day, just gotta get payback really.

revenge is a dish best served cold (obvioulsy you have to find out who did it first??)

hope it all gets sorted quickly and cheapily for you.

6. DubLass Forum Member

Someones obviously jealous.
    Cant imagine how your feeling, i would cry.

I'd also move...

7. mk3golfnut New Member

gotta be the wrong identy thing, theres kids messying about but i dowt they'd take it that far to a radem car, my mouth droped when i saw that i cant belive someone would do that for sh*ts n gigles.
    could it be the worst paint mixer person and worst paint degrading ever?

8. VWHREG New Member

Thats well ahrsh mate. Keep it fix it keep the MK2 alive.

If you find out who did run over there head

9. VR6SyncroMark2 New Member

Only an ex girl friend could do something like that!

10. matt wegen New Member

knobs

i know how you feel,had mine done three years ago with gloss paint in three colours dont stop doing what you enjoy carry on dubbing.

11. Daz... Forum Member

Well, it seems that I may be going down the matt black route now....

12. Cerberii Forum Member

That is really terrible. So gutting when stuff like this happens. I feel for you.

I wouldn't rule out vandalism though. A polo parked right behind my golf was pretty much entirely covered in red gloss paint about six months ago. Luckily none got on the golf. There were red gloss trails for about 100 yds down the street to where someone had put the paint cans out for the bin.

There are enough idiots around to do this sort of thing without you needing to annoy anyone unfortunately.

13. caddy nutter Forum Member

yeah then reverse and do it again[:x]

14. Jay 16V Forum Member

Thats bad news mate , i have got a spare bonnet if your one is too far gone , i live in Brackley as well. if your interested give us a private message?. Brackley had a lot of car vadalism a few months back , kids with nothing better to do???[:^(]

15. passattdi Forum Member

Sticking up for the Police

Guys,

As much as though the Police would like to get the bar stewards who did this to his car, there's on vital thing that they need and that's EVIDENCE!!

By that I mean any forensic evidence, fingerprints, DNA etc, then there's any witnesses and any CCTV. Without any of the above there's nothing they can do. I know it's a ****er that some mindless tw*t has damaged his car, but the Police can't do anything without any evidence. What probably doesn't help is that it was done in the early hours of the morning and no doubt the Old Bill are either under staffed in that area or dealing with other urgent business.

They'll come again and get some summary justice, I've no doubt about that.

Passattdi

16. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

quoted for truth.

17. GTI-G New Member

I Know The Feeling Of Finding My Car Like That Back In September Last Year. Turned Out To Be My Ex,s Boyfriend. Didnt Bother Me To Much At The Time Coz Ive Got My Own Bodyshop So It Was Looking Brand New Within A Week. He Got The Beating Of His Life And Munched Hospital Food For A Week. Not Had 1 Bit Of Trouble Since. Nice

18. i.a.n.b Forum Junkie

Another local! Hello! [:D]
    Daz you can turn this into a progress thread now you've started to get things going with it. ;)

19. Daz... Forum Member

As soon as I've got the bits and put them on the car I'll do some updating ;)

20. i.a.n.b Forum Junkie

Good work, got those bits on ebay yet? Have to take some action shots for you of the panels coming off our car! :lol: