my respray quote - for anyone who asked..

Discussion in 'Styling, Trim and Bodywork' started by Jolfa, Feb 25, 2004.

1. Andy947 Forum Addict

Cheap Re-sprays are a false economy!!!

I've seen loads of cheap ones and within a few months they do look cheap.

Especially if you are going for a colour change you should pay more for it - it'll be worth it.

Mine was 1500 and that was supplying the car as a bare shell with all the smoothing etc done already - they just had to paint it.

My car had 50 hours of work done on it, the paint alone was 400.

2. Mk2GolfBoy Forum Member

Previous owner got a respray quote for my red mk2 golf and he was quoted 1500 for a full respray (colour change) Although they didn't recommend the car being sprayed as a bare shell as they said, in their experience of cars of this age when you take the shell off it's damn hard or not possible sometimes to get it back on. I wasn't sure how true this was but hey plenty of my mates have used them and theyre reputable.

3. Andy947 Forum Addict

Same with mine - it wasnt a bare metal respray.

There is no need to go right back to bare metal - why remove perfectly good factory primer???

They jus flated it back to the undercoat and repaired any wee rust spots etc etc and then sprayed up from there.

4. Mk2GolfBoy Forum Member

I think that is whats going to be my respray like as after extensive rust checking the only place my car is rusting is on the window wiper cap for the LHD option (you know where the window wiper is on the other side)

Alot of people have been saying why dont you buy a Oak Green 90 spec instead of paying to get this sprayed and ill tell you why....

This is my car and I love my car, it is in good condition. why buy a 90 spec with fading paintwork when I can have my car sprayed which is most certainly in better nick than other 90 specs as it has no rust, bodywork is sound. I've done so much to it making it mine and I'm not ready to sell on until my car dies. And damnit im gonna make sure "Mr G" (name of my car) is around for much longer :lol:

5. Jolfa

Jolfa Forum Junkie

Yeah, i didnt, so you can just be quiet.

I dont think both cars would fund one :p

Same - Long Eaton

What are they going to do?! its happend once for around 10mins?! so be quiet.

Thats as far as where the door shuts and under the window seals etc, and not the engine bay either.

he repaired my mates mini (reversed at around 20mpoh ramped off a kurb into a lamp post) made a good job of that :thumbup:

6. MK2. Forum Member

Just a piece of friendly advice Jolfa, someone might report you to the coppers or summat you daft twat

7. Mikedav Forum Member

I hope they do personally. Its scallys like this who make insurance more expensive for the rest of us - I drive my car everyday and don't crash, and Ive never made a claim, does that mean I don't need insurance / MOT / tax because thats ok?

D!ckhead.

8. Mk2GolfBoy Forum Member

Ahhh long eaton I live in West Bridgford, Nottm

Ahh btw where is this respray place your on about Jolfa? is it near Nottm cos I might consider going there too. You got a contact number for the place?
    Edited by: Mk2GolfBoy

9. GTi69 Forum Member

I live in Notts, a place called Old Basford.

10. Mk2GolfBoy Forum Member

Yeah I heard bout that, my mate used to goto college there

11. GTi69 Forum Member

I live quite close to the college, pretty much facing the massive field that the world renowned "Basford United FC" play on :lol: :lol:

12. Jolfa

Jolfa Forum Junkie

so you're seriously telling me you'd go and pay silly amounts for insurance and then fork out for tax to go 5mins up the road?

thought not - because im sure you've never done anything illegal EVER have you?

f*ck off, i dont give a sh!t, and its scallys who drive uninsured and then crash that makes insurance so high... i didnt crash, i dont do this regularly, it was a one off, shut up and stop blocking the thread with your pointless ramblings.

and mk2 thankyou for the advice...

anyway, the spray place is in long eaton aswell, its 'lol paint shop' (how apt) 07989092690

13. zcacogp Forum Member

Sorry Jolfa, I'm with Mikedav and the rest on this one. Having lost out to uninsured on two occasions, I cannot condone ANYONE driving without insurance. Just 'cos you didn't get into trouble doesn't make it OK.

Oli.

14. Jolfa

Jolfa Forum Junkie

can we just stop, it happened, once, nothing went wrong, the end.

and i promise ill never do it again if it'll shut you all up

15. golf1.6cl Forum Member

I'm afraid i'm with jolfa, its not as if hes burgling some old dear is he. He is just driving a car for 5mins-quick call the cops, send him DOWN.jesus :lol:

16. Dave J Forum Member

Its simple enough, if you are not insured to drive a certain car, you dont drive it. Not even "just down the road"

17. darrynK

darrynK Forum Addict

Jolfa - quit your swearing and abusive posts towards people! please.

18. Mk2GolfBoy Forum Member

Ok ok ok we know it's wrong and all that but can we just drop it. I'm sure Mr Jolfa realises what he was doing was wrong and from what I've heard on other topics he's insured with Liverpool Victoria now so leave the guy alone now.

19. Mikedav Forum Member

Darryn in fairness I did call him a d!ckhead. Though I still think he deserved it. Sorry though

;)

20. darrynK

darrynK Forum Addict

:lol: i was talking about his first reply....#