OEM management wiring: 1.8T => Mk2 harness install FAQ

Discussion in '1.8 & 1.8T' started by 20v_jimmy, Dec 29, 2009.

1. bantan45 Forum Member

these are the plug ends on my loom

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

polo 1998 afh loom

is it possible if someone could do a wire cross over for the polo 6n 1998 like wat has been done for the ce2 loom

Can i get some help plz
    I just want to fire up my polo 20vt but i just need to know were to pull the switched live from and the relay earth for the ecu if some one can help i will pay for great advise

Last edited: May 1, 2013
  2. 2ovt New Member

hey fellas, need some help! early 90' g60 Corrado, late 02' AWP 1.8T swapped. Trying to finish the wiring.

List I used-
    here is the list I found here...
    seems the only difference is where the power for the t14a is coming from? is this right?

since I am using the first list; I have the power for t14a connected to G2/4, do I need to add a fuse?
    do I need to add a fuse for t6/5?
    do I need a fuse between t6/4 and y4? my y4 used to be apart of after-run fuel pump crap, so it has two wires coming from it, is this 12v? can I use the second wire as the power for my DLC?

3. scruffydubber Paid Member Paid Member

Can anyone confirm the part number for this coolant adaptor with the sensor?
    I've tried this part number 1J0 121 087 B. But ended up with the wrong item.

[​IMG]
    (image borrowed from mush's build thread on ed38)

Thanks

4. mk3turbo New Member

i think its the same p/n but without the letter on the end

5. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

what do you need it for scruffy?

6. scruffydubber Paid Member Paid Member

Hi. I'm after one for a pd130 conversion into my mk2. Just for the clocks.

7. rubjonny

ah, so there is only 1 sensor hole on that one and the ecu temp is a 2 pin? doing a conversion loom myself for an ASZ and looking into the same issue, im hoping his lump has 2 holes so will save the hassle of sourcing the above flange. i wonder if the coolant hosing from an asz would work on yours if it has 2 holes?

8. scruffydubber Paid Member Paid Member

Hi, I've just tried this in my lunch break. It does have the sensor mount, but also has extra coolant pipe connections.

9. scruffydubber Paid Member Paid Member

Yeah your right, only one sensor hole, and it's a 2pin sensor (BLT engine code). I put a ASZ in my old polo and i think that only had one hole too. But they are both Fabia VRS engines.

On a seprate issue, does the ASZ ECU have a constant power at all? On all the diagrams and info I have, I can't find a constant power feed to the ECU.

Cheers

10. rubjonny

the one im working on is from an ibiza, lets see what he comes back with anyway.
    yes it does have a live feed to pin 88, I'm looking at a seat ecu diagram its on page 5 current track 22, leads to current track 103 and spliced into the terminal 30 circuit from fuse 5 :)

11. scruffydubber Paid Member Paid Member

Brilliant thats a great help thanks. I had that pin down as switched power for some reason.

12. rubjonny

13. scruffydubber Paid Member Paid Member

Great. The picture of it in VW did look like it had an extra pipe coming out, but I guess there pictures arn't very good.

I'll order one.

14. rubjonny

yah pic is a generic overview so it doesnt offer so much detail at times. plus sometimes the picture is from some completly different model hence why on some you find most of the numbers come back unknown

15. bantan45 Forum Member

in need of some help, ive just hooked up my mk4 golf clocks in my polo everthing works but then the immobiliser acctivated flashes, brake pad low light, and a few others flash.
    is there a way to turn them out as i dont need any of them, do i need the green plug what goes into the back of the clock or can i do it out of the blue 32pin plug

16. bantan45 Forum Member

in need of some help, ive just hooked up my mk4 golf clocks in my polo everthing works but then the immobiliser acctivated flashes, brake pad low light, and a few others flash.
    is there a way to turn them out as i dont need any of them, do i need the green plug what goes into the back of the clock or can i do it out of the blue 32pin plug

17. JWYATT Forum Member

i may have to retro fit this back into my loom as you found when changing gear the revs can increase by 100 or myab 200revs between gear changing

Could anyone find out the ECU pin data / a little tip of fitting

Thanks

18. rubjonny

19. Gup16v Forum Member

Hi guys

Running AGU on MK2 CE2.

Can someone clarfiy where the starter live goes. ive checked fuse diagrams for ce2 and it says f1 ?? is that right? Also noticed a difference in the thickness of the old starter live and new one. Will that matter at all? (novice in wiring cars 8-))
    Even with the immob on the ecu it should still try and turn over right?

Any help would be great

20. Gup16v Forum Member

^^^ never mind was having a blonde moment. lol