OEM management wiring: 1.8T => Mk2 harness install FAQ

Discussion in '1.8 & 1.8T' started by 20v_jimmy, Dec 29, 2009.

1. paulgtir32sc New Member

doing this 32 loom for my car (mk2) now but there doesnt seem to be a tach output in the orange plug pin2 ???

2. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

i think what it is some mk4 ecus dont have the wire instead revo signal comes thru can-bus? not 100% sure on that one though.

3. mat-mk3

mat-mk3 Administrator Admin

I have a feeling i also didnt have a pin2 but RJ said to try another pin on the Orange plug but cant remember which one.
    I will go though my PM's later and see if i can find it.

4. rubjonny

ah yes sorry! It's orange plug pin 9 you should be using for the rev counter :thumbup:

pin 2 is the mpg signal. should have looked at my mk4 pinout list rather than just checkign r32 diagrams :lol:

5. paulgtir32sc New Member

brillant with do that now at least worthersea is looking more likely now [:D]

6. boraboy Forum Member

I've heard this aswell, can anyone shed some light on this?

My engines running but I dont have a tacho yet, If I can swap the cluster to get it working that would be sweet.

7. rubjonny

yes kr corrado uses revo signal from coil same as mk2. later g60 and 2.0 16v corrado use revo signal from ecu, these clusters work with mk4 management

8. weemattglasgow New Member

Hello 20v Jimmy you know your stuff could you give me some info i have a AGU engine and loom 2000 mk4 golf is this wire loom ok to convert into my 90 spec mk2... would the details you gave of your auq be similar? as it has throttle cable instead of fly buy wire throttle what sort of BHP would i be able to get with my hybrid K04? also who will i get to rmap my ecu and remove the imobilizer?? thanks please get in touch Matthew

9. rubjonny

agu wiring is the same as aum/auq except its a little simpler as it doesnt have the dbw to worry about, plus no sai to delete as it doesnt have it, only 1 lambda probe and a lot less other gubbins so less stuff to have coded out.

in fact this guide can be used for any mk4 type loom into mk2, they're all the same when it comes down to it :)

for immob defeat try andyout on here and smiffster on ed38

10. 2ovt New Member

hey guys- newb here from the states. Doing an AWP swap into my 90' Corrado g60, just curious on a few things...

my donor is a 2003 Jetta GLS 1.8T auto, I'll be retaining my 02A out of my Corrado for use and converting from DBC to DBW. I have the engine and accessory harness out and labeled...but that is where it confuses me, I keep getting told I only need those two harness to get my conversion working, along with the k-daig and the dbw ones...aren't those part of the main body harness tho? and if they are, I only want those out as I want to keep the swap as much Corrado(ce2) as possible.

here are the two harness I have taken out and marked-

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

now I know mine is out of an auto car, but I will be modifying the accessory harness and removing
    the big auto harness connector and it's wiring: which I believe just follow the rest of the loom and split off to the TCM, I'll be using resistors for SAI, and n112 on this harness.

now do I just snip the mk4 cowl connectors on the accessory harness off and splice them into the ce2 plugs or what?

what is the 14pin really consist of? for use in my application will I be utilizing this? how will my MFA stuff continue to work for oil temp and ect?

11. BODIDLEY New Member

Tt loom

hello
    i have a tt loom and my knock sensors are in 2nd half of loom and i have some cracked wires in engine section of loom, what would you advise to replace with another tt loom or a golf one like you used,
    hope you can advise

i have a running mk2 on dta using an apx engine, i want oem management so i went out and got a tt loom and ecu both parts of loom
    cheers
    joe

12. 2ovt New Member

oops* here is the second part-

can anyone help me figure out what these two ??'s are...

the first ??' is actually a 5-pin connector and goes to this-

[​IMG]

the first ??' is actually a 5-pin connector and goes to this-
    [​IMG]

and goes to this pump deal behind the power steering rack-
    [​IMG]
    what is this?

second one near the starter connector and a/t connector there is a 6-pin rectangle connector; colors are-
    slot 1: no pin
    slot 2: red/yellow
    slot 3: black/green
    slot 4: violet/black
    slot 5: white/black
    slot 6: brown
    slot 7: yellow/blue
    slot 8: no pin

13. BODIDLEY New Member

To simplify i have a apx engine with ko4 in a mk2 with dta, i would like safer oem system because of a previous detonation issue. whats the best loom to get.
    i have a tt loom and ecu that is not best condition, are ecu all the same ie mine has knock sensors on fuse box side of loom along with one lambda
    hope you can help
    cheers

14. rubjonny

when i make conversion looms, i cut off all the coloured plugs except the blue one then splice them to the old car engine loom matching them up pin for pin as per this guide. the blue plug is for the DBW pedal so you need to keep that, but you might have to extend the wiring to it if it doesnt reach behind the fusebox.

then i cut the female end of the 10/14 pin plug off a car in the scrap yard and splice that to my engine loom along with the 2 pin plug to power coil/ecu if its a later loom. that way the 2nd half of the engine loom can be fitted without any modifications at all. though i do cut off the oil pressure switch plug and crimp on a spade so you can use it with the old mk1/2/3/corrado pressure switch (you need to bin the mk4 switch, remove the blank from filter housing then fit the old pressure switches. plus add a T piece if you want mfa oil temp to work)

re: those 2 plugs i dont recognise either of them so its probably something US specific or automatic? unwrap the loom and trace where they go :)

15. rubjonny

BODIDLEY: looking at the diagrams there are 2 basic types of 1.8t loom dbw and dbc. lookign at them they're all quite similar but some do have slight differences. to be safe get one from same code as yours or post up the code of the engine you find. also you may have to swap over some sensors depending on what was used to make your car run

16. Sixteen VT Forum Member

Excellent info guys - thanks ..

I am struggling to get the pins out of the T10x plugs. I did slide the pink tab to one end as such with no luck . I tried a "home made" pin removal tool - with no luck .

Could some one kindly guide me here please ?

Thanks

17. rubjonny

a decent pin tool is what you need for the mini timer pins, you wont get them out without one. but unless you have something to pop them into theres no point! Just cut the wires off and splice to them. the CE2 fusebox plugs are smaller than the MK4 mini timer pins except for 3 or 4 which are junior timer, plus they wont reach the fusebox anyway

18. Dannyboy485 New Member

Ive apx in mine too and i can confirm this is also happening to my 1990 g60 (ex-g60) as well.infact i had mine running for two minutes with the needle bouncing from 0-3000 rpm and max rpm on the tach at 3000 rpm with MSD 8920. Now theres no respone at all. Many thanks to jimmy and all the guys that helped with the info,just need the tach to work and im finished my beast.

19. paulgtir32sc New Member

the black plug on mk4 loom end that is with the other coloured plugs, what do the wires do, i realise that we dont use that plug in the conversion looms, just currently putting a r32 into a v5 wagon and that doesnt have the said black plug

20. rubjonny

that is cruise control plug, early ecu dont have it, later ones do :)