OEM management wiring: 1.8T => Mk2 harness install FAQ

Discussion in '1.8 & 1.8T' started by 20v_jimmy, Dec 29, 2009.

1. fasteddie

fasteddie Banned

Speak To the Rubjonny fella :thumbup:

2. Coldforged Forum Member

Cheers for the reply. I'll drop him a message

3. mk1gticabriolet New Member

Can anybody send me the pictures to the 20vt wiring guide as they seem to be missing. Thanks in advance!

John

4. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

5. bantan45 Forum Member

Need help guys what's the cause of the rpm been stuck at 3k while running?? And oil light constantly flashing even tho I think there all hooked up correctly ,,polo 1998! Aum swap

6. rubjonny

has it got any codes logged in the ecu? also check the throttle pedal in the measuring blocks to make sure its reading from arouind 0-80odd degrees as it should when you operate the pedal

7. bantan45 Forum Member

I'll check that out 1st thing

8. bantan45 Forum Member

I have checked the throttle and that is fine do you think I would need to put a resister in line to bring the rpm down and work,??
    also I think I need to change the oil sensor and put the polo afh one in as that's what clocks are still in

9. rubjonny

the revo should be fine, if you check the ecu measuring blocks there should be a readin in there for engien speed so you can compare to dash. the oil swithc is probably different yeah, so fit the polo one

10. Toyotec

Toyotec CGTI Committee - Happy helper at large Admin

Building on this excellent thread, another sticky has been created that covers not just 1.8T ME7 electrics, but also other engines using in MK4 based vehicles.

You can find it >>here<< :thumbup:

blis likes this.
  11. dubbin_daily New Member

Hey guys couple questions if anyone has any input. 1986 jetta with an awd 1.8t running ce2 wiring and fusebox, so i wired everything up according to the pinouts that 20vjimmy had given. The car cranks and has fuel at the rail and good pressure and spark. Injectors have power but are not firing and my fuel pump is not turning on with ignition only if the relay is bypassed. Any ideas? Planning on taking the wiring back out and relooking over everything. Some of the directions were a little confusing so i think i wired something wrong thanks guys!

12. rubjonny

have a look at this one, may help clarify some things:
    http://www.clubgti.com/showthread.php?267196

crank sensor is worth a look, also is it a dbw or dbc? if dbw did you leave the mk4 ecu relay in place or rewire it to fusebox?

13. dubbin_daily New Member

Thank you for getting back to me! It is dbw and i have the ecu constant wired from pin 4 of the brown connector to y, pin 4, and then the switched live to g1 pin 4 from pin 1 of the brown connector so there is no ecu relay. And my harness is from a 2000 jetta so would that fall under the category of a newer style harness or old? Because i see that you have seperate ways of wiring depending on how old the harness is. Much aprreciated!

14. dubbin_daily New Member

Rubjonny i totally spaced out the ecu relay is the one that usually the grey relay that sits right next to the SAI relay in the mk4 engine bay correct? If so then yes i still have it and there the relays is there

15. dubbin_daily New Member

So if i was to only hook up what was needed to start the engine and have it run, would this be correct?
    Brown connector
    Pin 1 to g1/4
    Pin 2 to g1/3
    Pin 4 to g2/9
    Pin 5 to g1/8

Blue connector
    Pin 1 to pin 6
    Pin 2 to pin 1
    Pin 3 to pin 2
    Pin 4 to pin 3
    Pin 5 to pin 4
    Pin 6 to pin 5

T14a connector
    Pin 6 to g1/8
    Pin 5 to z1
    Pin 8 to g1/10
    Let me know if this looks right eager to tear in thanks again

16. rubjonny

If you have the white plug on the big loom and t14a on the small then that would be late :)

wiring looks good except pin 8 on the T14a is usually unused on the late looms, instead coil power comes from the ecu relay. If you just want to power up the engine then you will need to earth pin 7 to the battery for the coils

17. dubbin_daily New Member

Okay awesome so ill just leave pin 8 on t14a alone then. Thank you for the help ypye awesome ill let you know how it goes after work!

18. dubbin_daily New Member

Also i had the T6/4 going to the Y/4 slot for the ecu power, can i keeo it like that or should i connect it ti the G2/9 spot?

19. rubjonny

makes no odds if you put it to y or g2/9, both perm live feeds. the vr6 engines used both positions depending on the age of the car :)

20. raoskidoo New Member

Hi there ,

I'm not the excellent with engine looms , but I would need some help to wire my mk1 cabby with my 1.8t.

Correct me If I'm wrong , but this is how I would set it up.

Brown connector T6 + Blue connection T10 , T14a Unused , White unsused , Orange unused.

Where does the ECU and the looms gets his 12v constant and 12v live ? Thanks