OEM MK4 management wiring => Mk1/2/3 harness install FAQ (Now with added dieselness!)

Discussion in 'Engines' started by rubjonny, Nov 8, 2013.

1. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

basically the same as mk2/3 golf swap yeah, the passat has the ce2 fusebox and the subframe mounting points are in the same place though the subframe itself is different. if its a manual then all the brackets swap right over job done

2. jezzasin New Member

So it would be a point of getting the engine and dropping it onto the mounts then fiddle with the wiring or find a plug and play one lol wonder if the 1z tdi box will fit too lol

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

3. rubjonny

yeah the box will bolt right on as well, peeps often like the diesel ratios for a 20v

Gaslord likes this.
  4. jezzasin New Member

Lol im starting to like the sound of this for my own tdi, will have a good read through your wiring guide later i take it all id need is a tank, fuel pump clocks and engine with loom

5. rubjonny

you could prob fit a mk4 pump in the diesel tank if its liek a mk3, just need to adapt the level board to work on the clocks. either swp the level assy over or desolder 2 wires and swap apparently. tank will need a proper good clean obv lol

6. jezzasin New Member

Lol take it off and set fire to it lmao only way i know haha

7. ryahogue New Member

have you figured out if the red/white wire on the t10W is used anywhere and also on that plug is the two orange wires.. what is can bus... and is DBC drive by cable DBW drive by wire?

8. rubjonny

pin 1 on the T10W from all accounts is used on earlier ecu to put them into 'flash mode' or similar, you put 12v on this pin when trying to access it thru the vagcom port when working on the flash data. for the average user this can be ignored, but if you're worried about it just be sure to run it inside the cabin so it can be accessed if need be, or make a note of where the cut end is inside the engine bay so you can unwrap the harness to get to it

and yes dbc = drive by cable e.g. AGU and DBW = drive by wire e.g. aum, auq, bam etc

9. Izan New Member

Hi

Ive build the 1.8T 2-v AUM into my Vanagon but forgot about the diagnostics wiring and plug... I have all wiring but the part that goes in the "cluster"

Can i use the above mentioned K-Line and the +/- (3 wires) to diagnose my setup?

10. rubjonny

yup those are the only ones you need for diagnostics :)

11. Jtpython New Member

Joined this forum on the basis of this thread alone, Thanks all!

12. mk3turbo New Member

Hi can somebody tell me where t6/1 connects to please.it says it goes to pin87 but where is oin 87 lol.its an agu harness into a mk3 btw cheers for sny help

13. rubjonny

look at the ecu relay notes further down the guide, what you do with it depends on what you plan to do about ecu/coil power. I recommend adding an ecu relay above the fusebox with a 15a fused live to feed both the ecu t6/1 and the coilpack live on the T10/14a plug :)

14. mk3turbo New Member

Thanks for you help john,so i need to wire in a relay like this
    DBC/Non-earth switched ECU relay type:
    30 - permanent live (spade P CE1, or Y CE2)
    85 - earth
    86 - ignition live (D/2 or D/7, or G spade 2 or 5 CE1, G1/4 or G2/4 or D/8, 9 or 11 CE2)
    87 - power for ECU/Coilpacks (t6/1 and t10a/8)

erreesse likes this.
  15. rubjonny

thats it, you have the CE2 fusebox so look at G1/4, G2/4 or the D plug feeds. put a 15a fuse inline with the 30 pin as well

erreesse likes this.
  16. mk3turbo New Member

Thanks john your a legend. You make the loom for my conversion about 3-4 years back,and I don't remember seeing the extra relay. Will a number 53 relay do the job?

17. rubjonny

I probably wired it up to use the stock ecu relay then, try a 30 or 32 in slot 3 :)

18. Phil_j New Member

Just a quick question;

My mk2 originally had the Auq engine fitted when I did the conversion, but now have an amk Ecu / engine to go in.
    What I'm wondering is whether it can be a case of just swapping the Ecu or if I'll need to do any wiring changes?

The only thing I know I'll have to add is the exhaust gas temp sensor wiring as the Auq doesn't have one.

Also is there a good site that has wiring diagrams?

Thanks!

19. rubjonny

basically the same ecu pinout, as you say you need to add the EGT sensor. pretty simple really:
    1 - 61
    2 - 50 (shared with PAS pressure switch if it had one)
    3 - tapped to fuel pump live (same wire as MAF pin 2 is factory)

all the spare ecu slots have empty pins inside on the DBW ecu, plus you'll probably have a ton of spare cut wires from deleted stuff you coul use instead :thumbup:

see my signature link for diagrams. I have 'a few' the one you want is a3amkaryauqarxaum.pdf :)

erreesse likes this.
  20. Phil_j New Member

Thanks John :thumbup:

Just had a look, and the amk PDF isn't working. Don't know if it's just me, or somethings up with the PDf itself.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2017