Pepper or Rage ?

Discussion in 'Music' started by superden, Dec 15, 2005.

?

Best MK3 Budget Suspenstion set-up <250

Poll closed Apr 12, 2008.
  1. Jamex

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Gmax

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Weitec

100.0%
  4. Boge / Eibach

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Other (Please define)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Monkeynutz Forum Member

theyre both good early on, especially rage!! im realy sick of the chili's now tho

2. DarrenW Forum Junkie

It was probably YOU that trod on my foot then [:|] :lol:

Although, I was in there once and along with everyone else I was jumping around to, erm, "Jump Around", and I landed on a bottle on the floor which made me lose my balance and I fell over and wiped out about ten people behind me :lol: :lol:

3. Dub Dave Forum Member

Jump around was a Stairways classic too. Garbage track though now thinking back. [xx(] Maybe because I love Bob and Earle from whom it was sampled...

4. DarrenW Forum Junkie

Yeah, the original sample sources are ALWAYS better:)

I was in the Krazy House one night with a mate who managed to dislocate his shoulder to Nirvanas Teen Spirit :lol: he lay on the floor writhing in agony, everyone dancing around him, and my other mate managed to pop it back in and we carried on drinking [xx(][:$][:s]

5. Dub Dave Forum Member

Probably thought he was a Joy Division Fan :lol:

6. Rick 16v Mk2 Forum Member

Arguably the chillis were leaning towards a funk/rock/hip hop crossover long before RATM appeared.
    Their earlier stuff circa freaky styley era was heavy and catchy with some break beats and some rapped vocals.
    The chillis could easily write RATM songs but not vice versa.
    I'm not that into either of them anymore. Used to love them both.

7. Dub Dave Forum Member

Ha ha. you are Kidding right? I just wish all the Chilli's had died of Overdoses, then we wouldnt have been subjected to the P1sspoor excuses for music. The chillis in the mid 90s said they will never play in the UK as the crowd dont appriciate them enough. Then when America got bored of them, we cant get them outta here!

Dont make outragous comments like that. RATM are probably the most important band since the Smiths. They moulded an entire generation, unlike the Chillis who just kinda turn up unannounced but we are too polite to tell them to f*ck off.

8. Rick 16v Mk2 Forum Member

9. b'locks Forum Addict

Took the words right out of my mouth Dave - Rick, to suggest that the Chilis could write a RATM song is sheer comedy.

10. Dub Dave Forum Member

Although the output since they split has clearly shown that it was a 'sum of all parts'. Audioslave [xx(]

If that album had come out as a Debut from Unknowns it would have died a death. Its terrible.

11. damogti Forum Junkie

[:[] [:|]

12. Rick 16v Mk2 Forum Member

yeah. No where near as good as RATM or Soundgarden.

I just don't find RATM that earth shattering nowadays. The vox were the same for every track and the lyrics a bit boring after a while. The guitar was good but me and my housemate churn out just as many cool heavy sounding riffs all the time.
    If they'd stuck at 1 LP then no probs. Evil Empire wasn't very good IMO though the tour was amazing.

13. b'locks Forum Addict

Agreed, Audioslave are cr@p.

But I'd rather have 1 absolutely amazing album which still gets listened to regularly after nearly 14 years, than half a dozen average albums which get chucked in the loft and forgotten about.
    Edited by: b'locks

14. b'locks Forum Addict

:lol:

15. Rick 16v Mk2 Forum Member

nail on head and the problem with record companies and contracts.
    Your fist album has all the stuff you've worked on all of your life to date.
    Your then forced to do a second album that is different but the same and as good or better, with only a year or so to work on it.

16. Dub Dave Forum Member

The 1st Rage album I still listen to once a month and I love it. I can only say that about a few records. Dark side of the moon, the queen is dead, Heartbreaker.

17. b'locks Forum Addict

Very true but I'd say that on average, most bands stand out albums seem to be their second one.

18. Rick 16v Mk2 Forum Member

by then the investment and interest is there for a good or popular producer by that point. Nirvana for example. Lots of nevermind was from bleach era, but heavily produced. Green day struggled a bit.

19. b'locks Forum Addict

Very true about Nirvana...

But then take Radiohead for example. The Bends was another amazing album of the '90's and is leaps and bounds above Pablo Honey. Take Siamese Dream by the Smashing Pumpkins. Another amazing and very influential album/band from the '90's of which their second album was better than Gish.

I guess a lot of it does come from the better production and more money invested, but it's not always the case.

20. Dub Dave Forum Member

I fell I shouldnt get involved in the idustry side of this arguement as I work in it. Some bands second albums are great, and some not. Some are let down ny Production (the libertines 2nd album was awesome underneath gash production as is the baby shambles one). Rage had a Vibe which they stuck to and its hard to break ground with the same sound. Korn had/have the same problem.