Putting the MK1 on a diet.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Technical Queries' started by mkidd, Feb 3, 2005.

1. fthaimike Forum Addict

Have you ever been to any of the tracks that dont require an MOT & do they scrutineerthe cars, would have thought it was asking for trouble if not?

2. fthaimike Forum Addict

Only just noticed how you attached your speedo :o, thats a cracking idea :clap:(any vibration issues?), did you find you could tuck the cage closer into the bulkhead when the dash was removed?

[​IMG]

AL*Mk1's seems to be quite far out?

Edited by: fthaimike

3. AL*Mk1 Forum Member

Mine sits a lot higher, but just due to the way I have mounted it on the Stainless tube... Plus, mine's a rev counter, not a speedo. why would I want to know how fast I am going! aAs long as the orange needle points straight up in every gear - I'm going as fast as I can!

4. fthaimike Forum Addict

5. Mad 20v Forum Member

Switches are on the black plate to the left of the Stack dash and the warning lights are the LED's under it.

Dont get any vibrations, its braced up well in behind.
    Im not sure how you would get on with the bulkhead bar and the dash/heater in place, i knew they werent going back in so didnt give it to much thought.

6. pol8 Forum Member

love the car mad20v, it's inspired me to get a climbing frame just like that for the inside of mine. was originaly going to go for a 20v lump but have went with an old skool 8v with lots of new skool technology ;)

could you give me a pm about your brake set up. looks like you have an adjustable balance bar assembly. planing on getting a similar set up but have a couple of questions about it. ta

7. Admin Guest

that looks like a taxi i have been in :lol:

8. altern8 Forum Junkie

how much does the mk1 dash weigh