Reeves business/ riot fire!!!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by MK1G20VT, Aug 8, 2011.

1. StuMc

StuMc Moderator and Regional Host - Manchester Moderator

I was thinking exactly the same! :lol:

2. StuMc

StuMc Moderator and Regional Host - Manchester Moderator

Stealing is stealing of course, so the penalty should be the same no matter the value of what has been stolen, but the point was if you were of a mind to go out looting you`d at least rob something of more value than a couple of t-shirts!

`One might as well be hung for sheep as a lamb` ;)

3. Hotgolf

Hotgolf Paid Member Paid Member

Theft is theft, end of. If they don't want to go to prison......don't do it. Are sentences harsh, well, no, they stole, looted, rioted and broke the law.
    I don't break the law and when I do(speeding usually) I get fined, and can't really windge about it. Thats life, and they have to face fact. F***** scum!

4. ianb Forum Member

Many are electing for Crown Court.....a delaying process encouraged by solicitors usually by the duty solicitors in Mags Courts.....why....because it means more legal aid and they are normally released from the court to wait for trial!! Only plus side is when sentenced they will receive a steeper tariff....but not by much in Britain today.

Mags Court can only sentence for 6 months.

Turned into a political ping pong match with the press releshing every bit. Still pressing ahead with Police budget cuts.....20 % in fact. Cameron claims 6%....complete tosh. Speak to the people who are Policing the country at grass roots instead the yes sir heirachy.

As for back office functions they are now performed by civvies.....hardly any officers in back office functions....as for Cameron's claim by getting rid of paperwork will free up Police it's ludicrous...paperwork has been created by the goverment for CPS files and solicitors and for statisticians. Poiticians (ex lawyers/baristers) will always feed the gravy train to the legal aid budget.
    It's not simple as this goverment persists....they are totally out of touch.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2011
  5. Crispy 8V CGTI Committee - Club Secretary Admin

One Week on, |'m currently watching the Panarama - something I rarely do

there hasn't been a single day I'm still dissmayed & depressed about the goings on

I strongly agree on police having the powers to beat when need be, to a degree
    I've spent time in other european cities, police carry guns, including Semis - any exessive law breaking is dealt with

6. TrackCab16v Forum Member

100 years plus of blood sweat and tears, a fine english building and buisness GONE in a puff of smoke , thoughts with the Reeves family , HOPE YOU COME BACK BIGGER AND BETTER FROM THE ASHES best of luck paul

7. A.N. Other Banned after significant club disruption Dec 5th 2

8. G60KG

G60KG Forum Member

thats the way it should have been from the word go, I bet it would have been nipped on day 1 and would not have spread to the other cities. The law needs to send out clearer communication to the scum. No more nicey nicey.

9. WillG

WillG Forum Member

I think downloaded copies expire Chris, or have you used some kind of ripping software?

I was hoping the riots would mean the police would be given more powers and less paperwork, so that the little scrotes would finally be afraid of the police, but no, the police are just being taught how to deal with riots, not the actual problem in the first place. [:x]

10. matt d Forum Member

Sad to hear all this going on. We need to throw the lot of them behind bars but we have a lack of prison space mainly due to the fact that nobody is bothered about being sent to one. Now we need to build more prisons but apparently cant afford it which i dont understand because all you need is a load of horrible grey stone walls, loads of iron bars and a few stainless steel toilets with no lids. How can that cost a fortune? Get these louts in a real nasty prison as soon as they start petty crime and they will soon be put off doing anything more serious.

11. Crispy 8V CGTI Committee - Club Secretary Admin

yes it does, after 20-30 days - must be a way of saving it

12. WillG

WillG Forum Member

In the past I've used the 'Ask Jeeves' toolbar, which is useless apart from it has the ability to save any streamed video, ie youtube etc as an .avi/.mpg on your hard drive.

Maybe worth a try?

13. Deako Paid Member Paid Member

Pat Condells great Riot rant. Love this guy, his rants are absolutely superb. If you want another laugh, check his Bin Laden one.

[YOUTUBE]9pAC0YSmK0g[/YOUTUBE]

14. TheSecondComing Forum Addict

http://convertiplayer.com/ - bound to be a hack for it!

15. sparrow Paid Member Paid Member

Google get iPlayer

16. sparrow Paid Member Paid Member

17. A.N. Other Banned after significant club disruption Dec 5th 2

18. stella

stella Forum Junkie

Really glad to see they're getting good stuff happening for them instead of bad.

19. A.N. Other Banned after significant club disruption Dec 5th 2

Just some of the cards and letters the Reeves have received:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. A.N. Other Banned after significant club disruption Dec 5th 2

As mentioned above, the Reeves family and friends were invited as guests to the Crystal Palace game last Saturday, a gesture which is being made to various riot-affected individuals and companies in the area, more than 1,000 people affected by the disturbances. Just a short drive over from Croydon, they brought along a match programme dating from 1969.

[​IMG]

I was invited, duly donned the smart clothes and, with a lump in the throat, the family entourage proceeded out onto the pitch at half time to be recieved as guests of the Club. Various were in attendance, including representatives from the Police and Fire services.

Maurice Reeves was presented with this Palace shirt, 144 being the number of years the business has been running:

[​IMG]

Leaving the pitch, whereever I looked, people were on their feet clapping. But they were also looking in a particular direction, showing their appreciation for the men they recognised. As they start to rebuild their business, postive gestures like these go a long way.

It was some moment. Nobody in South London missed that fireball.

[​IMG]

More found here:

http://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=223235

http://www.croydonguardian.co.uk/ne...eeves_family_honoured_at_Crystal_Palace_game/