Roll Cage Advice

Discussion in 'Track Prep & Tech' started by gofasterpinch, Apr 26, 2006.

1. IanCarvell Forum Member

All of my cages have been Custon Cages and they do the job right.

The good thing is they now do a "Core kit" so you can select the specification you want so I think the 6 point bolt in kit comes out at around 280+VAT, but you will need to weld it together yourself.

2. PhatVR6 Forum Junkie

that's not bad at all. Ken Lark told me his Corrado cage was more like the 2000 mark.

3. IanCarvell Forum Member

4. POL

pol Forum Member

i assume this means your keeping said corrado and finishing it like you want to? if so i think it's a good move. looked dam nice at gti trackshow. :thumbup:

5. Vento_Gareth Forum Member

Protection and Performance were at Autosport this year, me and PhatVR6 spoke with them. There cages looked very nice, proper mandrel bent hoops unlike a lot of cheaper companies. I think their quality will be up there with Custom Cages although like PhatVR6 said their prices are 1,200 for a multipoint (through the bulkhead) weld in cage for his Corrado. Bolt in 6 point cages from Heigo or Wichers will be around 700-850 depending on what you need. OMP cages are very poor quality and although Safety Devices are strong the design is not pretty, I don't like the way they bolt cross pieces to the hoops.

6. PhatVR6 Forum Junkie

cheers

that was the last time it was driven.... :-(