trade insurance

Discussion in 'Insurance chat' started by rocco2litre, Aug 27, 2008.

1. andipandi Paid Member Paid Member

it was a mr2 turbo had everything done i built it as my company demo, when it got hit i struggled to get it back they said i didnt have salvage rights,

there sugestion was it should been put on normal insurance with agreed value, not what i wanted to hear as i was covered on anything upto 50k

what also put me off was knowing that they would only pay trade values, so if i was driving a customers car that got drove into i would allways have to add around 2.5k of my own money just to replace they car,

i dont want to try and put u off just show u the pit falls,

just think of this as a example u drive your mates show car to do some workand it gets hit, and they pay u out for a standard mk2 gti say 750 it cost 5k to build could u realy just find them a std mk2 back???

i know i couldnt,

2. Gareth83 Forum Junkie

so what would you suggest instead then?

3. andipandi Paid Member Paid Member

trade insurance is fine if u have lots of cars which u are not to woried about the value,

if there is one thats worth loads then u have to get a normal insurance with agreed value

4. 2dubnick Forum Junkie

That's what I did for the cabby, just made me happier to drive it without so much worry.