Wiring up Idle Control Valve

Discussion in 'K-Jetronic OEM injection' started by Breadfan83, Jun 25, 2019.

1. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

can check fuel pressure as per the picture I put up on last page, that'll help you narrow down the issue. check the return line isnt blocked first of all that would be one way pressure is too high even with new fpr. make sure the vacuum line is correctly hooked up as well it should be on the nipple closest to the inlet manifold

2. Andrew Powell New Member

Hello can I check the vac line I have two nipples :oavailable the one closest to the crank case breather pipe is not attached to anything and is open to air the one next two it heading towards the fuel return is connected to the fpr is this correct

3. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

on the throttle you have 3 vacuum nipples, the one round the back and the one nearest the rubber boot are both capped off and the one nearest the inlet manifold goes direct to the FPR (originally theres a T piece to also feed warm air feed flap in airbox but this can be deleted)

4. Andrew Powell New Member

Quick update we have put a jubilee clip on the main fuel line feeding the rail and reduced the pipe to simulate lower pressure fuel entering the fuel rail and this has confirmed high fuel pressure is causing the hot start problem so now its a case of identifying root cause and fixing that and hopefully sorted :thumbup:

5. H8V

h8v Forum Member

6. Simon Peter Dodgson Forum Member

Would love to know why my pb starves at 4k. Could you put gauge in car when driving to see what happensdo you think?

7. H8V

h8v Forum Member

I guess you could. The gauge is connected to the nipple at the end of the fuel rail (having removed the end screw plug) by a length of 7mm fuel hose.

It's just a case of using a suitable length of hose to have the gauge on view in the car. Do make sure all the connections are firmly fixed..you wouldn't want fuel under 3 Bar pressure spraying in either the engine bay or the inside of the car!

Simon Peter Dodgson likes this.
  8. Simon Peter Dodgson Forum Member

I think I'm going to try this. Already set fire to it once emptying cylinders full of petrol (ecu bad earth) and forgot to disconnect coil when cranking. Not something I want to repeat!

9. Andrew Powell New Member

OK fuel pressure has tested fine so all my magic jubilee clip is doing is reducing fuel flow to injectors. We think the ecu is sending a cold fuel map to the injectors rather than understanding the engine is hot. To help advice we have fitted a hella temp sensor and ecu plug reading back to sensor is ok so not sure what could be causing it now so any ideas greatly received as drawn a blank again!

Last edited: Mar 19, 2021