Zero tolerance on drink driving....

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Andy947, Jun 17, 2004.

?

Should there be zero tolerance on drink driving?"

1. Yes, I’m happy not to drive for 2 days after a bender!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No, I drive like a nob anyway, so drunks are probably safer!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheSecondComing Forum Addict

2. WEEDUBDUDE Forum Member

.... being sleepy aint self inflicted...or do u not agree ?

3. TheSecondComing Forum Addict

Absolutely. But driving when you are sleepy is still a choice you made. And making the choice when you are sleepy is going to be a less clouded decision than making the choice when you've had a drink or two.

4. WEEDUBDUDE Forum Member

OK ...but u dont go out driving when sleepy.....u get sleepy driving , to me there is a diffrence... Its happened to me and it just creeps up on you ....and its f*ckin scarey...dont get me wrong , i agree both are dangerous but the driving while still under the influence thing ..... u know what u are doin , so if u have an accident or worse kill someone....in my eyes its murder and u get whats comin too u.... if u fall asleep , its not as if u where impaired by drink /drugs...its an accident. Im not takin away its the fact that a life may have been lost but u at least may have takin every precaution possible to avoid it happenin !

5. TheSecondComing Forum Addict

You can pull over - everybody knows when they're feeling sleepy!

6. WEEDUBDUDE Forum Member

If they know when they are sleepy why is there so many accidents ?

7. TheSecondComing Forum Addict

Because they don't want to pull over, and think they're fine to make it home! I'll drink right up to the limit and drive - because when I've had a couple I drive carefully, slowly, and concentrate on my driving far more - I know that alcohol affects your driving. Plenty of my mates though will never touch a drink when they'll be driving, yet admit to falling asleep at the wheel numerous times. Like I said, which is worse - a driver with 3 pints in him, or one who is fast asleep?

8. WEEDUBDUDE Forum Member

9. Tuff Schmitt Forum Junkie

This is the thing, "morning after" drinkers are more common than the offenders who jump into the car straight after the pub.

IMO, "morning after" driving is just wrong.
    Yesterday, I went on a proper 12hr (10 pint +) drinking session. Today, I didn't dare touch the car till at least 4 pm, because I couldn't even walk to the bathroom without knocking the cabinet over the banister, killing people downstairs.

Tiredness can come on suddenly whilst driving, being majorly intoxicated doesn't..
    Edited by: Tuff Schmitt

10. TheSecondComing Forum Addict

They didn't even breathalyse me when I was stopped! Fortunately heroin doesn't show up on breathalysers.

I've been breathalysed by my mate (who is a cop, teaches kiddy cops how to use them) after 3 and 4 pints and passed, the limit is a lot higher than the cops would have you think. If you have a look at the local papers - they often say "he was stumbling and his speech was slurred" when the guy was found to be twice the limit - do you stumble and slur after 2 pints!
    It comes down to the same thing - you choose. Get the train, or drive. Take the risk, or don't. Pull over and have a kip, or not. Everybody makes their own decisions and we all live by our own personal rules - mine are a bit lax, mind you... :lol: , but it's your choice.

11. TheSecondComing Forum Addict

As said, heroin does not register on breathalysers. It comes on quite suddenly.

12. WEEDUBDUDE Forum Member

lol at the heroin in thing :lol: ....had to laugh at that ...A mate of mine was out for sunday lunch and had 1 pint ....drove down the road , random check point , done ...just over , the cop was traffic and you know they dont take prisoners . Told him that if he had been of a bigger frame (fatter) the reading would have been under ,so he got done...licence, fine the usual so everyones motabolism (spellcheck not workin)i very diffrent. A bit of a female dog for him cos hes a mechaninc, lucky his boss values him so he was able to keep his job...on the up side though he had too sell his motor quickly to pay for it all....a nice wee mk 2 .. so guess who got it :) ...still it dont take away from this drivin while still under thingy. I think ive had my say on this matter so ill leave some space for anyone else who wants to have a rant :clap:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.