Zero tolerance on drink driving....

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Andy947, Jun 17, 2004.

?

Should there be zero tolerance on drink driving?"

1. Yes, I’m happy not to drive for 2 days after a bender!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No, I drive like a nob anyway, so drunks are probably safer!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Andy947 Forum Addict

At the request of TSC......

Discuss

I vote no :)

2. Andy947 Forum Addict

All these views, and no opinions

What a bunch of losers you all are :)

3. Deako Paid Member Paid Member

Pretty f**king serious bender. If i needed 2 days to get alcohol out my system then another rather important organ may fail first!

4. Andy947 Forum Addict

Well even one day then [xx(]

5. TheSecondComing Forum Addict

You might be surprised, Deako. I have a breathalyser (well, it's my cop neighbours actually), and I've been over the limit for three days before, after 2 days on the urine. Alcohol has a half-life, like any other drug. It doesn't just "go".

6. Dubya Forum Junkie

If there was zero tolerance then it might stop all the people that say 'I'm ok to drive after 3 pints'

These people are as much as a problem as people who intentionally drink and drive.

That is why I voted yes.

7. TheSecondComing Forum Addict

I don't actually drink urine, by the way. Piss. Evil censors....

8. Mk2_Ozz Forum Member

Yeh but you've got the man upstairs on your side, the rest of us will die long before we can consume that much alcohol!!!

9. slick Forum Junkie

indeed i am a loser.

i have only driven once the day after a night on the urine, and that was to take a relative to the hospital.

Usually i have to work and therefore get a lift in from the olds, or a friend from work (who wasn't drinking the night before)

I am proud to wear my loser badge for not tolerating drink drivers. I am not saying i am perfect at all. I have made mistakes, but i am glad to say that i have never driven drunk, apart from the above mentioned moment.

Therefore on the going of that I am a loser obviously.

10. Deako Paid Member Paid Member

Yeah, but isnt it usually 1 hour per unit of alcohol. Anyways, if i think im over the limit i dont drive. And having heard of the states you can get yourself in on hard liquor, its no surprise that 3 days and still over the limit is possible! :lol:

Nice to see you make it to inters this year btw!! LOL

11. sutherlandm Forum Junkie

I've driven realistic driving simulators after a few beers. I was utter crap.
    Probably better than my sober driving in my "real" car though!

12. TheSecondComing Forum Addict

The one hour per unit starts after you stop drinking - until then your body is too busy processing methanol to worry about ethanol. And the hour per unit is a very general guide - I was on the piss for 2 days, drinking beer only. ended up lashed all day, both days - but never at the "falling over" stage. An average bender. It stays in your system a lot longer than you'd think......

13. Mk2_Ozz Forum Member

Driving the day after a night out is a different thing altogether to drink driving. I do leave it a reasonable length of time before driving, but some nights you can drink a shed load, but feel better in the morning than if you didn't drink all that much, it all depends on what you drink. I could legally be under the limit but still be hungover and feeling sick, and be feeling in a worse way than if I was actually still over the limit.

Don't get me wrong, I never drink and drive and can't understand why people do, but the day after is a different matter.

I think the worst time I've done it was new years day this year, thought I might still be over the limit but felt ok, and had to get home, then got pulled over on the way home. Had a nice chat with the policeman and in the end he didn't breathalyse me, but I was bricking it, thought I might be about to lose my licence!!

14. TheSecondComing Forum Addict

As an interesting aside, me and MarkD were breathalysed at our own request by the copper at Wantisden this year. At about 11am, before they cleared the campsite. Mark got a "No, you can't drive" from the cop - I got a "No, you should actually be dead"..... :lol:

15. TheSecondComing Forum Addict

Doesn't matter in the eyes of the law, you're banned anyway whether you feel fine or not. Personally I think they should bring in Field Sobriety Tests like in the States.

16. Mk2_Ozz Forum Member

I know it doesn't matter to the law, but was just putting my point across, thought that opinion was relevant to the discussion :)

17. TheSecondComing Forum Addict

Quite right. [:D]

18. Andy947 Forum Addict

CH3 RIGHT NOW!!!

Driving while sleepy, JUST AS BAD

[:D]

19. drew Forum Member

I remember the days when you had 'one for the road' [:s]

My grandfather kept a bottle of 'Old Janx' in his lancaster bomber according to family legend, and a bottle of sherry in his Hillman....

Cheers,

Drew.

20. Rippsy Forum Member

I voted yes, simply because im not a huge fan of alcohol in general for the way it makes people (mostly violent)

I've driven while tired, and I've driven the "after" after drinking somewhat the night before, not very heavily but moderately heavily.

I have a silly fast motabolisem tho, so nothing stays in my system very long.

Was probably around the limit. I really dislike driving while im impared, be it sleepy, drunk, or even just ill and feeling under the weather. It just doesn't feel "right" knowing my judgement is off and I could quite easily hurt someone and myself seriously.

Rips

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.