Jetta MK2 Coupe 16vT :D

Discussion in 'Members Gallery' started by Langgard, Nov 2, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Langgard Forum Member

Will be considered _when_ my diy fails ;)

2. Toyotec

Toyotec CGTI Committee - Happy helper at large Admin

^Of course.

Langgard likes this.
  3. Toyotec

Toyotec CGTI Committee - Happy helper at large Admin

How are you getting on with this?

4. Langgard Forum Member

the progress is sloooooooow, at the moment.

before tackling the interior only small things really needs to be done.

- finish exhaust mounts
    - build the box for the fuelcell, this will be a little close to the exhaust so i need to wrap it in some heat reflective material, or wrap the exhaust at this point.
    - make a firewall in the rear because of the fuelcell and pumps
    - brake lines, here im waiting for some braided hoses and fittings for the master cylinders, and finish the bracket and stiffen up the firewall

5. Langgard Forum Member

Done some DIY work to complete the fuel system even if its not needed
    forgot to take pictures but they will come [:D]

made a sheet metal bender from scrap angle iron to make the box for the fuelcell.

cut a empty 10kg fire extinguisher in half to make a catch/swirlpot.

walboro lph255 inline pump, from fuelcell to catch can because i know the 044 dont like to suck fuel uphill. and 2 x 044 copies from the catch

fuelcell - nuke fuelfilter - lp255 - catchcan - 2x 044 - POWER!!!

6. Langgard Forum Member

Bluetooth installed ;)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sent fra min E6553 via Tapatalk

Sirguydo and Toyotec like this.
  7. Langgard Forum Member

My neighbour didn't like tre plain plywood dash and "stole" it and gave IT back like this ????
    [​IMG]
    Tray for the fuel cell almost done ;) have been waiting for my father to make noe for 6months, i used 1hr [emoji14]
    [​IMG]
    5min battery hold down ;)
    [​IMG]

8. Langgard Forum Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Stupid me measured the clearance to the ground with the car on stands [emoji13]
    So the fuelcell sat almost on the ground now ;) studip mistake butikk not that hard to fix ;)

9. Langgard Forum Member

Temporary fuel system, C4 S4 fuel filter, 044 without check valve at the moment
    [​IMG]

Still working on my non existent sheet metal skills ;)
    AFR/boost, tach, Oil pressure, Oil temp and water temp. The noe missing i the fuel level gauge, they only had one left inn white = not going to happen ;)
    [​IMG]

Sirguydo likes this.
  10. Langgard Forum Member

finally .....drumroll.... starting of the engine :)
    first try was tuesday, big balls of fire, bangs(angry neighbours and so on. who cares?) but no start, gave up due to soaked sparkplugs.
    wednesday, new NGK BKR7E , gapped to 0.5 req_fuel turned down from 5.2 to 4.5, starts and idles rough, hestitating to speed up, need to take out more fuel.
    but there is som loud knocking somewhere (not engine knock, more like a BIG F...IN hammer knock)
    Today im going to locate this knock ;)

New brake hoses from sparco installed , and re-used some EBC redstuff brakepads from the VR6 :)

11. Langgard Forum Member

Update on the knock, loose front support [emoji14]

The car har never been so easy to start and idle as it i now (runs rough and wont rev easy but it runs)

Having som issues with the aem wideband Vs my megasquirt, AFR is off quite a lot. Gauge 13 ish then inn tunerstudio it can be 15-18 . Any good advice?

12. Nige

Nige Paid Member Paid Member

I had the same issue.

Select `Custom Linear Wideband` in the EGO sensor selection

0V = 9.72:1

5V = 19.61:1

Save those settings and you should find it`s within 0.1 of the gauge :thumbup:

13. Langgard Forum Member

Thanks, Will try it after the weekend, but im going to check some of the wiring after all the season is over and i have good time.

14. Nige

Nige Paid Member Paid Member

The AEM reading different to Tunerstudio is a `known` issue. For some reason the values in TS don`t match with the actual AEM output. Changing to a custom setup fixes that :thumbup:

Langgard likes this.
  15. Langgard Forum Member

had a couple of laps behind the wheel of a audi a4 1.8TQ at Rudskogen Raceway last weekend.
    my plan about not running a steering servo was quickly thrown in the bin :p

somone tried the opel/vauxhall corsa servo pump with the mk2/mk3 steering rack? they are easy to get a hold of and quite durable it seems, a friend of mine has one on his track a4 and it seems to hold up a lot of abuse :)

18m of tubing for rollcage is ordered, i only need 3 but it was to cheap to not order full lenghts ;)

16. Langgard Forum Member

I know i have asked this before, but i feel that suspension is the part of the build that is missing a plan :)
    what would be the best option for suspension below 1000? maybe some custom pieced together, im not afraid to make something work, i just lack the knowledge and experience on the field :)

17. Langgard Forum Member

stick with megasquirt or change to DTA P8 Pro? or just buy the dta anyway and use it on the vr6? ;p
    i do feel the MS is up to it and way more, but the functions i want in the long run, launch control, traction control and a little more is allready in the DTA without to much soldering and fidling around, but then also the DTA is as old as the stones in my garden but then again i dont see electronics as a wear part ;)

enough of me thinking loud ;)

18. Langgard Forum Member

Tried to work on the jetta again after thinking all my daily car problems where fixed with buying a another transporter :p NOPE! i just had to buy a T5 2.5 4Motion :p
    electrical gremlins, loosing coolant , and a oil pressure light that comes at 1800rpm (not 1700 og 1900 or any other rpm, only 1800)
    starting to get a little frustrated and tired of not getting to wrench on the fun stuff :p

Ordered some joints for triangulated anti toe bar (ordered cheap stuff, lets face it i will at max run 3 weekends i a season for fun, IF they break my weekend will not be ruined) will fit this on a mk3 GTI rear beam. also thought about solid or rosejoint bushing for the rear beam.

Only thing i still dont have a clue about is what i will do with the suspension

19. Langgard Forum Member

Whoohooo not done anything to the jetta at all (Well, i put it on the trolley and moved it outside, poor thing)
    Just to do this, removed 20cm of gravel and dirt, ready to pour some concrete and make my mechanic life alot cleaner ;)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Will paint the floor with epoxy and paint the walls and roof white too while the garage is empty

Maybe the vr6 will have a home too beside the jetta ;)

Sent fra min D6503 via Tapatalk

20. Sirguydo

Sirguydo Fastest milkman in the West Paid Member

Nice :thumbup:
    Mmmmm mini digger lol