are there any vegetarians on the forum?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Admin, Jul 3, 2007.

1. Silver!

Silver! Forum Member

They say you are what you eat, so...
    [​IMG]
    ...welcome!

ooh! this looks appetising...
    [​IMG]
    Faux Newz...

I do hope that's a Photoshop!?!?!

2. prof Forum Addict

why would i want to eat low fat?

Grass fed beef and omega 3 eggs have excellent fat profiles, and i usually have a pudding of berries and cottage cheese, or a side dish of green veg [:D] [:D] [:D]

there is no proof of increased heart disease or anything else from the foods shown above

and it's stuff we are designed to eat by evolution, well maybe not cottage cheese like

Can't imagine many paleo hunter gatherers finding a box of Honey Nut crunch wheaties and a pint o semi skimmed

Last edited: Jul 5, 2007
  3. jamesthelegend Forum Member

but you kill vegetables!!!!!!

4. sutherlandm Forum Junkie

We avoid high salt, mega processed cereals at all costs - Muesli (nut, berries, etc - very caveman), porridge and the like.

Anyway, we have different goals - I aim for peak fitness with enough muscle mass to carry out sports/task/martial arts as efficiently as possible.
    You are aiming for the bodybuilder look, which although attractive to many, is actually not very useful for anything other than impressing the ladies (although I find it actually BLOKES that end up gawping at heavily built men!) and mates with tales of benching an artic lorry.

My kickboxing instructor, many times national and European champ got a bit too heavy from weights and started losing tournaments - even I could get the better of him sparring sometimes. He's now down from 14 stone to 12 and started winning everything again.

It's taken me a long time to realise that bulk isn't everything - what's the point in being in shape if you can't run a mile without half dying? All the built blokes (I'm talking over 13 stone ish) on the 10k trail run I did were in the bottom half (or even third) of the 170 runners who took part.

5. SPERMBANK

SPERMBANK Forum Member

There is more to life than exercising and eating healthy foods all the time!
    Live a little and enjoy yourself, you only get one chance, imagine looking back on your life and wishing, i should have gone down the pub with my mates and had that steak dinner, instead, i ran 40 miles! how much of an unenjoyable sad lifestyle did i live!

6. SPERMBANK

SPERMBANK Forum Member

My thoughts exactly, those poor vegetables didnt live their life to the full because they were picked when they were young, placed in small boxes and then sent to peoples tables, to be thrown in boiling water!! AHHHGGGGG!!!! [:^(] :lol:

7. Admin Guest

I'm not sure whos got the 'best' lifestyle there mind.

Running is weird and so are people who think the pub (which are generally full of smelly dolers spending their benefits) is a good place to be.

Each to their own, but if you enjoy running, then its not a 'sad' lifestyle, same as if you enjoy the pub.

8. prof Forum Addict

most ladies seem to quite like the daniel craig build, that's what i'm currently sporting ;), but only from the neck down

neck up it's still ginger freak unfortunately:lol:

9. SPERMBANK

SPERMBANK Forum Member

Most women ive come across (litrally :lol: ;) ) have gone for the rugby build, bit bigger with something to hold onto (not too much) but strong enough to throw 'em about a bit, thats what im sporting.

I likes me food and drink, but im also not unfit, spending a couple of hours in the gym a week running and stuff.

Not a bad balance, and i find it helps me keep my shape but eat what i want.

10. prof Forum Addict

11. sutherlandm Forum Junkie

Spermbank - wrong impression given!

Running- just doing it a bit now wife is due and won't be able to do the 10 mile cycle every day soon (although she's still doing it at 5 months pregnant!) - go out plenty, drink, eat the odd pizza, curry, etc - Just train a lot and living in lovely countryside with great trails and the sea on our doorstep, it's so much easier to train! Not keen on road running - skinny whippets with knackered knees. It's all trail stuff.

No idea what build I compare with - typical surfer with a wee bit more upper body muscle than is usual. Seems to "work" anyway - just find being fit makes many things so much easier and more appealing than just being bulky (peaked at 12.5 stone, 5'8" - could bench a lot but felt pretty slow).

Anyway, all seem happy with their "lot" - But I still couldn't stomach steak in the morning. The evening is a different matter...

12. RichardDarrenB Paid Member Paid Member

Dont forget about all the chemicals, pesticides, and other lovely stuff they stick on your plate of veggies tonight :lol:

13. jamesthelegend Forum Member

14. SPERMBANK

SPERMBANK Forum Member

15. SPERMBANK

SPERMBANK Forum Member

Yummy!

16. prof Forum Addict

pmsl at Matts "bulk" obsession, aye this guy looks like he couldn't move due to excessive bulk....not

[​IMG]

17. SPERMBANK

SPERMBANK Forum Member

[​IMG]
    This is me, and my current and previous shape for the last 4 years.

Im 6ft1, and 15 stone, and the whole point of this thread was, i like meat! Veggies are weird!

Last edited: Jul 5, 2007
  18. Admin Guest

Is that your real face?

Its not a photoshop?

Looks like Chris Moyles face on an IT consultants body.....

EDIT - Aha, pic changed, somewhat less fat faced....

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 5, 2007
  19. prof Forum Addict

Today's tip comes from Chris Shugart:

It's Time

Get naked. Look down. If you can no longer see your penis because your gut is in the way, your "bulking" stage is officially over.:lol: :lol: [:$] [8(] :lol:

20. SPERMBANK

SPERMBANK Forum Member

Yes that is my real face, and its a pretty one too.

And any reference to Chris moyles is fine, he is a loud mouthed rich fuc ker, which i would love to be.

Just wtf is an it consultants body btw??