bodybuilder

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by joeb, Sep 12, 2007.

1. Ben S

Ben S Forum Junkie

did a mix of day1 and day2 as I was in a rush (promised i'd drop someone off in town) and couldn't remember everything

body was like hey wtf are these!? after squats and deadlifts. had trouble walkin down some stairs after that lol.

feeling really good after that though.

got an hour with an instructor tommorrow evening who can show me how / check if i'm doing the exercises correctly

really liked that session though so i'll put all those into an excel document to keep track of progress etc. might generate some fancy graphs in a month or 2.

very much up for full go at the whole thing including recording & altering foods eaten and such

2. Dan Gliballs Forum Member

[​IMG]

3. prof Forum Addict

Last edited: Oct 11, 2007
  4. Admin Guest

For those of you that recieved Profs 2 day plan that he knocked up for me.

Have a look here on todays released T-Nation Newbie article.

Its almost exactly the same as what Prof did for me 6 weeks ago, which shows he does indeed know a little bit about the subject!

http://www.t-nation.com/readArticle.do?id=1765943

5. Ben S

Ben S Forum Junkie

[​IMG]
    Lurch likes a variety of direct and isolation exercises; Pugsley prefers to deadlift.

lol .. good article tho

6. prof Forum Addict

however the previous article, sends us in a different direction, i'm going to experiment with some of Chad Waterbury's recommendations, so once you lads have had 2 months on the first routine, we can try a different approach

7. Ben S

Ben S Forum Junkie

its going ok so far... havent recorded anything yet tho

will write down kgs used in session this evening

8. prof Forum Addict

how are you finding the exercises?

9. Ben S

Ben S Forum Junkie

enjoy squats with bar on shoulder tho not attempting anything heavy 10kg per side of bar for now

overhead squats seem a bit hardcore .. gym instructor looked puzzled at that one last week lol

reverse flyes are awkward as.. and u have to sit in the silliest position going

everything else is fine

i did dumbell presses, leg press, bicep curls before .. and used to do the arm raises a while ago

the warm ups seem just right too

10. prof Forum Addict

cool

if the instructor doesn't understand overhead squats then he needs a speedy kick in the nuts, I bet he loves talking about "core" strength, Overhead squats is pretty much the number 1 core exercise, compared to that bosu ball work is as effective as flower arranging

for reverse flyes try lying face down on the bench, but check that Dave isn't behind you before assuming the position, you have watched the shawshank redemption.....

currently reading this, has some great info on how to improve your odds against common diseases that mess you up

[​IMG]
    and goes some way to explaining women loving cake, and why violent chavs are the way they are

Proper MIT research guy wrote it, and all fully referenced

11. Admin Guest

The reverse flyes are easier (in terms of looking less stupid) if you sit on a bench and lean forward with a straight back.

You can then do the flyes with the weights meeting underneath the bench sort of. It makes sense when you try it.

As for weights, my girlfriend has been doing this for 4-5 weeks and is doing 35kg on the squats...she weighs 52...

12. prof Forum Addict

the 39 yr female old misery that i've been training is up to 1.5x bodyweight on deads, and has actually lost leg size [which is a great thing believe me]

which means she's lifting up more than me :lol:

13. prof Forum Addict

14. Ben S

Ben S Forum Junkie

when it comes to anything involving back .. theres noway im even attempting anything heavy lol

and the reverse flyes i did them on bench with an incline lying on stomach, and also tried on a ball ... its just the gheyest most prone position ever lol but ill class that as the do 1 exericse u hate

15. prof Forum Addict

it is necessary as the benching etc, pulls your shoulders inwards, so this balances it to some extent

a strong back should prevent you having back pain, don't neglect the deadlifts