Golf MK1 Hillclimb-Sprint Car

Discussion in 'Members Gallery' started by Dub Nutta, Feb 8, 2009.

1. madmk4 Forum Member

You should really stop sitting behind keyboards bashing abuse at people and have a go at building a car ! Jeeez. *tounge in cheeck*

Wheres my passenger ride !?

2. deMK1 New Member

Ive been in the road car 8v that ray built, and its the best handling car (of any sort) that i have ever been.
    Based on that, this 16v must be one hell of a car.

Im loving red Mk1s recently, getting bored of my black. Yours and gurds look lovely

3. fthaimike Forum Addict

4. A.N. Other Banned after significant club disruption Dec 5th 2

[:s] It's for sale - in the classifieds. Did you miss?

5. fthaimike Forum Addict

I remember it up somewhere, was just wondering if anyone was having any fun in it.

6. gogsie New Member

hill climb mk1

Its been a long time sinnce i've been on here...can't even get my old username password recovered haha. Mushy hinted that my new hillclimb car might go down well so here is a wee introduction.

Well after the Clio went in Dec i wasn't going to bother with a replacement due to work pattern and other stuff going on which meant the enjoyment fund was slashed. Then i saw this and thought i'm having that. I almost bought it 3/4 years ago when it was up for sale by the builder of the car, however i was balls deep in a Clio then.

Plans are to use it for Hills,Sprints,Trackdays and anything else that takes my fancy.

Shell:
    Mk 1 1.3 driver shell.
    12pt weld in roll cage,rear wheel well removed,seam welded throughout.
    Polycarbonate windows with front sliders,lightweight door cards front and rear.
    stack st200 new counter with shift light and tell tale,racetech oil pressure,oil and water temp gauges in bespoke panel,bright 6 warning light's and digital speedo/fuel gauge.

Engine:
    Mike Tarr (Ratt Racing) built 1800 KR on suzuki ITB's running omex 600.
    1800 kr block,kolben schmit forged pistons (11.8:1cr), forged g60 crank, 1.8t forged con rods, schrick sump,windage tray. dave crissel ported large port (026 casting) cylinder head, 283/279 cat cam's with adjustable pulley, iskenderian valve springs and retainer's, lightweight hydraulic lifter's, lightened and balanced pistons, rods and crank.

GEARBOX:
    8v casing fitted with 4+e 2nd gear ( 60mph in 2nd) and internally re-worked to improve oil flow to 5th gear. quaife atb differential, 4.25 final drive, 100mm driveshaft's. TSR spherical bearing gear linkage and short shift.

BRAKE:
    Wilwwodd 6:1 bias pedal box with remote reservoirs, Wilwood bias valve in rear line. carbon 12 (Tuthills Porsche) 6 pot radial mount callipers with 305x28mm discs. Pagid rs4-2 pads(blue), braided lines, oe drims at rear.

SUSPENSION:
    one off exec-tc c&t damper's with spherical bearing front (adjustable) and rear top mounts, spherical adjustable wishbones(increased castor), poly bushed rear beam, eibach 25mm rear arb, neuspeed 28mm front arb, bespoke t45 front strut brace. hubs fitted with studs and nuts.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. MUSHY 16V

MUSHY 16V Moderator Staff Member Moderator

cheers:thumbup:
    will get them to merge your accounts for you

8. DAVES GTI

DAVES GTI Forum Member

very nice mk1 mate that blue r32 :thumbup:

9. fasteddie

fasteddie Banned

10. 1990

1990 Paid Member Paid Member

Damn, that's a tidy Mk1!!! I bet it goes just as well as it looks :)

11. gogsie New Member

It sure does!.

It has developed a gearbox oil leak from the bellhousing area however so i'm about to strip out the box for an inspection, I suspect the pushrod bush and seal are the culprits.

Can you still get these from TPS?, does anyone know the part numbers for the 020 MK2 8v box parts?.

12. gogsie New Member

Well its not good news on the gearbox front, Removed it today to find the casing has a foreign body trying to escape. Really really annoyed as i bought the car from a dealer as his "private car" and now after 7 miles this happens, he's not keen on offering up any money to repair it so i will have to go down the legal route i guess.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. gogsie New Member

Can i change the title of the thread?

14. MUSHY 16V

You should be able if not I can
    Or I could split the mk1 content away to make a new thread

15. gogsie New Member

Perfect cheers

16. jamesa Forum Junkie

Welcome back :thumbup:

What class will you run in ... Saloon Libre I assume ?

17. Nige

Nige Paid Member Paid Member

Yep, edit the FIRST post in the thread, Go into the `Advanced editor` , you can then edit the Title :thumbup:

Welcome back ! Muchy is right, it will go down well [:D]

Bugger :(

I bet that shifts, much be pretty light too !:thumbup: Please keep the updates coming.

18. gogsie New Member

I'll be running in the B2 modified saloons in the scottish championship. I think we have different classes up here.

Really gutted about the box, it wasn't a "cheap car" (as the seller informed it was!) now i have to stump up for a gearbox rebuild before i even start!.

19. TonyB Paid Member Paid Member

Real shame, car looks nice.

Looks like a diff bolt has nicked a rib in the the case. Hotgolf has just rebuilt one for me that had 'homemade' diff bolts in it, that one was nicking the shaft end plate I think he said, so the other side. Or of course could just be a stary bolt or something in there :o

No one know much more about 020's than Martin, worth the cost of shipping to get him to sort it in my opinion.

20. MUSHY 16V

Last edited: Mar 31, 2015