How much snow? Even the washing line has got 2inch on it.

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Collie, Jan 5, 2010.

1. AndyOut Forum Member

CLEANED the pickup.????????..........Hmmmmm I smell bull****!!!!!;) :lol: ;) :lol: ;) :lol:

2. TheSecondComing Forum Addict

It was clean when I saw it, apart from all the dirt. Shiny as a new penny, if you scratched off half an inch of mud.

3. VR6T

VR6T Forum Member

View from the upstairs window this morning
    [​IMG]
    Drive way
    [​IMG]

4. VWPowered Forum Member

we have it too in france :thumbup:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. coullstar Forum Member

Did you make it to work though?

6. GrannyRacer Paid Member Paid Member

This country is pathetic and it sees to get worse. In my early schooldays we were FORCED to go to school whatever the weather, schools did not close, with no central heating other than a filthy pot bellied boiler with a tortiose on the lid (wonder what happened to them) in a few of the classrooms which didn't do much except belch out stinking coke fumes that choked us. School milk was not an option, you were made to drink it and when it was frozen the top stuck out an inch above the bottle - teacher or if you were the "pet milk monitor" got the unenviable job of stabbing the tops with a lead pencil (poison???) so us poor kids could stick a straw in and drink the revolting half warm/frozen stuff. Didn't seem to do us any harm.

7. stella

stella Forum Junkie

lol - I can remember all that. I also remember vests and knickers being put in the oven on a tray for five minutes to warm them up! No central heating in our youth!

And having to wear wellingtons to walk a mile to school, so feet were frozen before you even got to the cold classroom. We were made of sterner stuff than the youth of today! :lol:

8. Claypole Forum Junkie

Plastic bags to stop your feet getting wet as the snow was deeper than your wellies.

9. BristolFish

BristolFish Forum Member

Damn that's harsh, i'm so glad school lunch was better in my day.

10. RIP-MK3 Forum Addict

its called proggress ;) if central heating, warm transport to school and proper food/drink is pathetic then im happy being pathetic!!!

11. bomp Forum Member

:lol: :lol: It's a myth, or old wifes tail, or what ever you call it. There's only graphite in pencils, no lead at all, but I had many a slap on the back of my head for sucking my pencil. Uhh, the writing kind of pencil of course :lol: . Ah the good old days od teacher violence, it's probably why I'm retarded, too many blows to the head.

12. Collie Forum Junkie

Times have changed, we all used to live/work in the same village or town. But now we all have cars we dont need to.

For example, my kids head teacher lives in maccalsfield, nearly 40 miles away from the school.

I would happily take my kids to school but there are only 2 teachers that live in the village so its closed.

13. VR6T

VR6T Forum Member

Yup every day, my lane of the dualer was free of cars:thumbup:

I just get pi$$ed off with people trying to run me off the road as i go past them....

It seems drivers of 4x4's love to think they own the road in the snow but they are only as good as the tyre's they have fitted...

Snow tyres are worth their weight in gold;)

Last edited: Jan 7, 2010
  14. Admin Guest

you clearly went to a posh school

15. RobT

RobT Forum Junkie

-13.5 in congleton this morning.....damn thats cold

went out last night to get some milk etc and must have left some snow in the footwell off my shoes - anyhow, it was still there this morning......staggering

main roads round here are totally clear but sides roads are really slippy

16. RobT

RobT Forum Junkie

yep - been 100% mobile also due to winter tyres - actually have been trying how far they will go on icy banks and they are very good indeed - only issues have been road closures due to idiot drivers

17. vrbanana Forum Junkie

cleared the snow off, not cleaned it :lol:

18. GrannyRacer Paid Member Paid Member

Haha Stella you were spoiled, undies in the oven! What I cannot understand is why, when there is more traffic on the roads, do they not grit the villages, well not mine and it's not remote. They were on the local radio this morning about getting farmers to clear snow. A snow plough has not been seen round here in decades even when it was bad. Our county council are also on about "rationing" the grit so they don't run out. It seems safety does not come into it.

19. VWPowered Forum Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

more for us, ungritted roads means most is now ice[8(]

20. coullstar Forum Member

Dont I know it!!!