How much snow? Even the washing line has got 2inch on it.

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Collie, Jan 5, 2010.

1. vrbanana Forum Junkie

Id say in this weather that the majority of 4x4 drivers are bell ends, and not just to users of non 4x4 vehicles, I had to stick mine in the edge twice last night because they wanted to drive in the middle of the road when coming the other way, when they could quite easily pull into the edge and give way to other road users.

Bad drivers are bad drivers, doesnt matter what they drive. I sat behind a c*ck for the best part of 15 mins on Tuesday morning, he was determined he was going to make it up a hill, he managed about 20ft on 15 mins, and managed to stop about 30 vehicles on a hill when they all had the traction and momentum to make it before he stopped all the traffic, the traffic backed up and blocked the cross roads behind us. Normally I would have pulled round him and towed him up the hill, but decided to wind the window down and abuse him instead for being an inconsiderate ******

I dont know if people are becoming inconsiderate, but I see less and less people stopping to help

2. aminder

aminder CGTI Committee - Webmaster Staff Member Admin

Not as bad around Heathrow airport area, it's just slush and skiddy this morning, seen a couple of cars retarded on side streets obviously lost control and hit a kerb.

[​IMG]

3. 2dubnick Forum Junkie

just saw my neighbor skiing down the hill outside my window,lol.

4. Raider Forum Member

I'd ordered my Grocery shop from Asda to be delivered tomorrow like we do every other week. Just had a call saying that we won't be having it delivered as they can't risk the conditions.....

5. The db

The db Forum Junkie

After 20 mins of scraping off all the snow and ice I couldn't drive off our road this morning - all the cars that had made it out yesterday (generally 4x4's and pretend 4x4's) had compacted the snow right down so given the fact that it was -11 this morning it was like a sheet of glass. Just couldn't get the traction to gather any momentum as its a slight gradient. 1st gear just spun, 2nd gear just spun, 3rd gear just spun and the Yaris can't handle a 4th gear start and just stalled!! I finally gave up when I saw somebodies clio slide sideways and stop in somebodies garden (its still there).

My neighbour managed to block the road for 10 mins until I ran out to help push her out of the way - suspected siezed calliper as the back left wheel wasn't turning at all. Wonder just how much weather related damage has been done to cars recently.

6. superden Forum Addict

Scratch that ... we've had a fair bit now, by southern standards, still not much though really.

7. BristolFish

BristolFish Forum Member

Just started snowing again here, i'm sure the BBC didn't forecast it. :thumbd:

8. VWPowered Forum Member

we've had over 6cm of snow today so i went outside fer some pics as we cant do alot else atm (all our ruddy water pipes are frozen solid too)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. superden Forum Addict

I love the snow, just been out walking the dog in it [8D]

10. karmann gettit

karmann gettit Forum Member

^ Me too...
    [​IMG]

It is bloody cold but beautiful
    [​IMG]

11. shaggyjh Forum Member

We just had a burst pipe [:x]

Luckily it was in the garage, and weirdly it was the hot pipe that went. [:s] Should have got the wife to do the washing on Thursday :lol: that hopefully would of stopped the pipe freezing! It was -11C when i looked in the car yesterday morning.

At least it was the garage.

We have no heating or water, but plenty of cider [:D] so snow in the next couple of days (like they forecast) might make things a bit interesting.

12. VWPowered Forum Member

-4 here, know the feeling all our pipes are frozen got one cold tap in the kitchen that works, waters now off, buckets of water ready for the bog, advantages of living in the country..[xx(]

13. Nordoff Forum Junkie

Only photo I took today was for the incident report of a driver slipping and dislocating his shoulder.

Remember kids, walk slower and take smaller steps.
    The alternative is to spend 3 hours swearing while waiting for the pain killers that're better than morphine.

14. VWPowered Forum Member

thought i'd enjoy the snow today:thumbup:

[YOUTUBE]6G8Ml8tOOg0&[/YOUTUBE]

15. Admin Guest

i love the bullit proof engines that those polos have!

16. VWPowered Forum Member

this ones done 170,000kms has GK Inlet and Carb, 4-2-1 manifold and GK exhaust, JR cone filter, nothing else [:D]

17. Richard Mk2

Richard Mk2 Paid Member Paid Member

We have been having more snow showers today...

But its not settling. I just hope it doesn't start again tonight.

18. coullstar Forum Member

Today was first day Ive seen postiive temps since before christmas. A heady 5deg!!

19. 2dubnick Forum Junkie

just started snowing heavy here, settling fine despite the rain we had earlier which had finally cleared most of the roads. Should be fun getting to london tomorrow.

20. The db

The db Forum Junkie

Were expecting more tomorrow night/wednesday morning.

I quite enjoyed it (and the time off work) to start with, but its just getting on my nerves now....