Insurance...

Discussion in 'Insurance chat' started by Dietrich, May 20, 2004.

1. mk3anniversary Forum Member

Its nothing to do with being perfect, its to do with being legal.

Those of us who do obey the law pay for the mistakes t**sers like you make when your not insured and have a crash.

2. Dietrich Forum Member

Did I have a crash? Do I regularly drive illegally? I didn't crash, therefore I've cost you nothing. As it was a one-off, there's no risk of me crashing it in the future, costing you nothing.

So no, sorry. T*ssers like me cost you f*ck all.

If you want to play hypothetically, if insurance companies didn't have ludacris policies regarding young drivers, I wouldn't have had to do it at all.

Tom
    Edited by: Ghost

3. MrBen Forum Junkie

Insurance Companies do not have ludicrous policies regarding young drivers - it is based on fact! In fact, most people on here actually pay less than the correct statistically based rate due to the intense competition in the motor insurance market. This is why most insurers make an underwriting loss on motor insurance.

4. mk3anniversary Forum Member

How about if you wern't so STUPID as to buy a car without checking the insurance costs, you wouldn't have had to do it.

5. muppet Forum Member

Oh dear, Here we go again. [:[]

6. superden Forum Addict

Ladies ...

7. Dietrich Forum Member

Please take me very seriously when I say I genuinely don't give a f*ck. You're not helping. Please, leave it there.

Tom

8. mk3anniversary Forum Member

Don't care if u give a f**k, and do you really think i'm trying to help???

You brought it upon yourself. Who in there right mind buys a car without checking insurance??

And just think, if you had been caught, you might well have lost your licence....one less un-insured muppet on the road.

9. Dietrich Forum Member

1) You've said you're not here to help. So you're trying to cause poo? Why are you posting in the topic I created asking for insurance advice?

2) I checked MK1s, MK2s and looked at prices people I know are paying for much more powerful cars. I thought that would be enough. Obviously not. Hindsight's always with 20-20 vision.

3) Precisely, my licence. It's not open to discussion. It's something I chose to do. I did it. Who got hurt? You've got nothing on me, sorry.

4) What do you think I meant by "I made my bed..."?

I'm really not out to have an argument with you - I'm just after car insurance. Still, if you've still got issues, please consider keeping them to yourself.

Tom

10. Dr Delirium Forum Member

Mk3 Anni your really helping well done! [:s] In fact i`d like to gift you an honourary certificate of kool because every thread needs an asshole like you! :clap: ......[​IMG]
    Anyway back to the actual thread try doing loads of quotes on Norhwich Union They quoted me 925 for a 1.8 driver and i`m a completely new driver. This was TPFT, 4k miles a year, garaged etc.
    I`ve tried quotes for a GTi but you`ll need to phone up as they won`t give you one online. Its only a wee bit slower than an 8v anyway (9.8 0-60, unmodded) and with a few mods (after a year of no claims) will easily be on a par with a GTi. Ring the number they give you at the end of the quote and tell me how much for a GTi cuz i`d be interested to know ;)
    They may quote you 2k but just keep trying and you sometimes just strike it lucky, welcome to the nonsense world of insurance! [:D]

11. Dietrich Forum Member

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Norwich Union laughed too...

If the worst comes to the worst I think I'll go for a 1.8. I've read about them being modded to 140BHP? [:s]

Tom

12. Dr Delirium Forum Member

How hard did they laugh? was it a 2k laugh?! You could always try getting a nice 925 quote on a 1.8 driver then just do a few mods to it to make it just as fast/faster than a GTi.

13. Dietrich Forum Member

Laughed as in... "No".

The general word is I apparently have to be over 21, just to be a named driver. An ad's going in the paper and I'll be sticking a For Sale sign in it tomorrow.

The sad thing is, I was quite prepared to pay the 211 per month Elephant.co.uk wanted, but they said they needed 500 up front in addition to the 211 per month. That or 2300 for the whole year.

I think I'm gonna' have to look at another MK3 in black. I'll call around and see what I can get on a 1.8 and pump some money into that.

I delivered my MK2 to the seller today (and skated home :(). I'm totally immobile but at least work's offered to pay for my taxi there / back. ;)

Tom

14. AndrewF Forum Addict

yeah tom, get a 1.8 driver, put some bits on, then wait till you can insurea vr6 and carry the bits over. ;)

15. mk3anniversary Forum Member

I notice how its the young drivers jumping to his defence.....as I said, I have no sympathy for people who drive without insurance, and I never will have. He openly admitted its the first time he's been behind the wheel of a quick car, so anyone with a bit of common sense can work out his quite likley to crash it, no wonder nobody will insure him for a reasonable amont.

Your welcome to your opinion and i'm more than entitled to mine, this is a public forum and if I choose do voice my opinion then I will do so.

I don't need an honourary certificate of kool, but thanks for the offer
    [​IMG]

16. AndrewF Forum Addict

man...what is it with everyone gettin personal today...must be cause its friday! :lol:

lets just play nice hey? [:D]

17. edc1 Forum Member

If you want cheap and fun, get a classic on a classic policy with limited miles (you already said you don't do many miles).

I think paying insurance which is as much if not more than the car is crazy but as you say that's your choice.

18. mk3anniversary Forum Member

I tried that when i was his age, it seems the driver needs to be a classic, aswell as the car before they'll consider you.

19. AndrewF Forum Addict

gotta agree with that one.

set a limit of 1200 if you're 17-18, then 1000 for a few more years after that (but with a quicker car).

i payed 1200 for my first year (d plate nova sr - bet that makes you feel better ;) ), then gotta higher group car and again paid 1200 (still a 1.2 16v tho), then dropped to 900, then dropped to 600, then went back to 1000 (when i got the vr6 at 22), then went down to 590 last month [:D]

20. cforehead Forum Member

Yeah, my 'ssurance is going like that at the mo, you just have to remember: its all in the NCB!