Megasquirt Newbie Questions - All the really dumb ones you were afraid to ask!

Discussion in 'Throttle bodies & non-OEM ECUs' started by Mike_H, Apr 27, 2010.

1. tshirt2k

tshirt2k Forum Junkie

Contact him. Rob from loose bolts. Helpful bloke. Think mine worked out around 50 each delivered. That was a while ago and they were the more expensive G3 type too.

2. emery1990 Forum Member

Will do, Just doing a calibration, how do I know when it's finished its free air cal. The manual says it will light up, then when finished the led will be steady and continuous, that to me says the light will always be on.? It's always on after you've held done the button for 30 secs.

3. tshirt2k

tshirt2k Forum Junkie

yea it will be on. Its hard to tell i think i ended up doing it twice. It should read full lean. But realised you haven't got a gauge.

4. emery1990 Forum Member

I can connect to my laptop can't I? Just emailed that loose bolt man a minute ago about a gauge!

Oh and about changing the settings on innovates cd, is that simple to find.

I've got the ms connected to ang 1, which it says is 1v at 14afr and 1.1 at 15afr. Or is that not the setting I'm changing, or is there a manual explaing how to set it up.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2011
  5. tshirt2k

tshirt2k Forum Junkie

To megasquirt yes.

6. emery1990 Forum Member

7. tshirt2k

tshirt2k Forum Junkie

what terminator? The jack plugs are to program th lc1

8. Tomo IOW Forum Member

The terminator plug ,closes or opens the circuit for calibration or data transfer I think

9. emery1990 Forum Member

It syas to plug in terminator plug in IN and serial cable to OUT, god knows what the terminator plug is, I havn't got one.

Connected up, but it's saying no real time data detected, check serial connections. Do I need to decrease the buffers like I had to connect to my MS ecu.

And the voltage set up at the start ( havn't got to that point yet, just read about it) do I changed it to how you said :

0-0.5 lamda

5-1.5 lamda

Tom, so I defiantly need this then? Probably why it's not connecting.

10. tshirt2k

tshirt2k Forum Junkie

0-5v = 0.5 - 1.5 lambda.

terminator is like a headphone 3.5mm jack plug without a wire on it. connect laptop to serial using connections and use lm programmer th adjust analogues etc.

11. emery1990 Forum Member

OK cheers. read around and seems I do need the terminator plug for it to work, otherwise there is always an open circuit. Can make your own though apparently. Instead of paying $8

12. tshirt2k

tshirt2k Forum Junkie

Should have come in the kit surely? or cut plug of a headphone and join together?

13. emery1990 Forum Member

Can't remember seeing one, but have had it for a good few months so could have lost it. Yer I'll try and join a 2.5 mm jack together, they cost 11 otherwise, bit much for a little plug lol

I have got a spare little cable with a 2.5mm male jack at each end, doesn't say what it's for, so could cut that. Only 2.5 one I've got has 4 wires!

14. Tomo IOW Forum Member

im pretty sure the manual says you must have it connected to either the in or outs, depending what your trying to do

15. emery1990 Forum Member

Yer it does, just saw that. It creates a closed circuit, if left out it's open so your laptop doesn't find any outputs. The controller. Going to go to maplin tomorrow and make one, or hopefully they might have one.

16. Tomo IOW Forum Member

just to clear up the terminator plug { its hard to say that without doing the voice lol } , is a little jack plug thats capped, , problem with what your trying to do is, joining the inner core and outer cores together, i think the inner core is sheathed with rubber the outer is wrapped round the rubber sheath ??

17. emery1990 Forum Member

lol.. Not sure tbh, havn't opened one up, but if I get an empty jack 2.5mm and just add wires to the two thats needed and link them, then it should be fine? The plug is only 10 so I should just stop being stingy and buy one really lol.

18. tshirt2k

tshirt2k Forum Junkie

It should have be in the box in a small bag.

19. emery1990 Forum Member

Only thing in a small bag I had was a 3 inch wire with a male 2.5mm jack either end. Maybe they got muddled up ?

20. tshirt2k

tshirt2k Forum Junkie

That my be it. try it. or post a pic up