Political Question?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Golden, Jun 7, 2005.

1. superden Forum Addict

We can play semantics all day if you like ...

... its your problem if you interpret my words differently.

I really couldnt give a t*ss.

2. azrael Forum Member

3. TheSecondComing Forum Addict

Ever heard about "Bloody Sunday", Azrael? Not the U2 song, the actual day?
    Governments have been killing whoever it suits since time began.
    Everything you say is old news, we have heard it before. Just because you have suddenly become passionate about it doesn't mean it is new, or a "hidden" secret.

4. azrael Forum Member

If thats the case why am I labelled a conspiracy theorist for acknowledging what you all know to be true?

You really think I believe I`m the first one to "figure it out" :lol: People have been trying to stand up to centralised power for decades, some have given their lives...I would hardly rank myself amongst them.

5. Guests Banned

no, your clearly not the person to discover it, and most of us have looked into it some time in the past, and realised most of it is bullpoo, but then you get the odd person (yoursellf being one) who thinks they have to tell everyone they encounter about it, as they clearly do not know about these things and need to know.

ive read into a lot of "secret" stuff, and realsied its all pap, but makes for interesting reading, and even a bit of a chuckle.

6. TheSecondComing Forum Addict

No, most of what you babble endlessly about is bullshit, not true.
    You're not really labelled as a conspiracy theorist, more a naive teenager who loves to jump at any "different" idea or cause and accept it.

7. Dubya Forum Junkie

It is, I think, the ultimate irony that Azreal preaches incessantly about the terrible situation of governments lying to their people in order to control them, yet supports religion when it is plain to see that religion was the original form of lying to the people in order to control them. :lol:

8. azrael Forum Member

The fact that govts lie to ppl doesn`t mean that govts were created to lie to ppl. In the same sense the fact that religions are used to control ppl doesn`t mean they were created with that aim in mind.
    How many times do I have to repeat this, your not stupid so stop acting it.

Like I said if what I proposed was such bullsh*t why could no one dismiss it?

9. Golden Forum Junkie

I think there are two types of people in this world, those that need some kind of emotional crutch and those that dont.

Here are some examples of well known crutches,

Church
    Lifestyle teachers
    Philosophy theorists
    Futurism

There are those of us who dont need any kind of crutch, we can get through life just fine on our own. If you need religion thats fine, just dont attempt to force it onto other people.

As far as countries being guilty of pre-emptive war and religion being an innocent party, I think what youre actually seeing is a battle between the old and the new oppressive systems. Both are designed to control man while also giving excuses for uncontrollable events, I have no faith in either.

So I stand by my statement that Atheism never started a war, religion has, corrupt and misguided governments have, but Atheism hasnt.

10. TheSecondComing Forum Addict

Everyone does dismiss it, we could all argue with you till the cows come home but we get bored. It's like talking to the village idiot. And then when people can't be arsed to talk to the village idiot anymore, you think "Yay! I won the argument!".
    You didn't, you just became tiresome, like a child throwing a tantrum.....

11. azrael Forum Member

Yes because perception of divinity is an inherent weakness.... :lol:
    Without a soul what are we? Biological robots? slaves to chemical reactions in our brains?

Atheism has started EVERY war because EVERY war is started by a thirst for power. Anyone who was truly spiritual wouldn`t have such a thirst for power.

12. Dubya Forum Junkie

Whether or not they were created for what they ended up being is irrelevant. As you yourself have just stated, in the respect of using lies to control people they are fundamentally the same, hence the irony.

You're not stupid either, so please try to use apostrophes when appropriate. ;)

13. madmonkey Forum Addict

Shame there's no-one like that then.

14. azrael Forum Member

I`ve agreed a million times that present day organised religion is tripe. The original messages are twisted or lost, you got more chance of finding divinity under your sofa than in these institutions of power.
    However thats not to say that the original truths are any less powerful than they were. You cannot blame divinity for the way mankind has manipulated it. This is why people need to start practicing their own spirituality in the way they see fit, no doctrines, no laws just meditation, contemplation, intuition and AP`ing. Thats all you need.

There a plenty of people like that. Read the power of now by eckhart tolle. Now this guy is advanced.

15. Dubya Forum Junkie

This is fine in concept, but a tiny minority of people are truly spiritual, and without the thirst for power, they do not rise to positions of power within their religion.

So, the people who call the shots and decide to declare war on another religion are, by neccesity, the people who are thirsty for power.

This means that but for the few truly spiritual people, religion is made of people who care more about the advancment of their own religion by crushing religions or peoples different to themselves, than by adhering to the strict principals that they believe they are trying to advance.

16. azrael Forum Member

But is being in a position of power within an organised religion a symptom of being somehow enlightened?.....no.

17. Golden Forum Junkie

Oxford English Dictionary:-

atheism

/aythi-izm/

noun the belief that God does not exist.

- DERIVATIVES atheist noun atheistic adjective atheistical adjective.

- ORIGIN from Greek a- without + theos god.

power

noun 1 the ability to do something or act in a particular way. 2 the capacity to influence other people or the course of events. 3 a right or authority given or delegated to a person or body. 4 political authority or control.

Now heres your test for Sunday, can you tell the difference between the two words?

If not maybe Bert and Ernie could help.

18. azrael Forum Member

So ignore my point and go into semantics....nice one :clap:

19. superden Forum Addict

Well put TSC :clap:

20. Dubya Forum Junkie

Going into semantics is hardly ignoring the point when that action is used to prove that your point is rubbish.