scotland

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Guests, Jun 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darrynK

darrynK Forum Addict

[football chant]
    we hate jimmy hill
    we hate jimmy hill
    he's a ****
    he's a ****
    [/footballl chant]

2. mincecfc2 Forum Member

Aye, good enuff for me.[:D]Actually, before I sign off, I'd just like to make sure that everyone realises I'm not a hater of all things English or indeed Englishmen. I just enjoy a laugh and some rivalry about football.

Seen on a Scottish guy's T-shirt at the World Cup '98 in France:-

"Nous dtestons Jimmy Hill
    Il est un homosexuel
    Il est un homosexuel."

Edited by: mincecfc2

3. Matt GTi Forum Member

:lol: Quality!

4. Skunklook Forum Member

I've just sat here at work and read 202 replies and at last I have a chance to reply...

...telling you how it was me in the pub in Croydon (where the idiots started smashing the already sh1t place up) singing "are you Scotland in disguise" and that this thread seemed to get very serious at one point over something that looked to be quite a good bit of football banter...

and what do you do?! Go and finish it off slating Jimmy Hill (good call by the way!) and leaving me on me own.

Well as I'm still here!:

Yes I was singing that, and yes I did boo the French national anthem (don't quite know why when I'm an Arsenal fan, but hey, [:s] ;) [:s] ;) ),
    yes I did sing "you're not very gooood!, you're not very goood! lala lalaa...etc" whenever ZZ got the ball (that certainly came back to bite me in the 4rse!),
    yes I did sing "who are ya! who are ya!" at the telly when the god that is Terry Henry ;) got the ball (don't start about those overrated losers Sutton and Heskey ( [:x] ) you know Henry is the best striker and possibly 'player', in the world at the moment ;) :p )
    but at the end of the game I do have the intelligence to accept defeat [however frustrating] and not feel the need to start throwing stuff and being nasty by meaning these football insults.
    No I'm not racist or arrogant or anything else of the sort... but I am patriotic, and proud, just like the Scots lads on here, and fair play to them. They have some interesting views, some of which I don't agree with but there you go. Why don't we have the same sort of patriotism that they have? Why do we have to get narcy (spelling?) and start fighting (we're not the only ones to do that by the way! so why is always us that gets the grief first? and before you start, no I don't condone anything like that! [:x] ) Personally I think it's because our culture is so f***ed that people can't/don't express themselves in the right way and then a minority of mindless divs go and think fighting and smashing things is an acceptable let off valve!

This started off as a friendly bit of banter at the start, whys everyone getting so evil? Football is football and as long as no-one takes it to another level where they either take it personally or mean it personally, then Im happy to stand in a Scots pub singing theres only one Paul Gaaaascoigne! if they wanna sing stuff back at me! (cant think of any scots vs. English chants off the top of my head, Im sure someonell think of one soon tho!)

Oh and I cant believe no-one has mentioned that lowlife scum Alex Ferguson yet!?!?

OK, if every Scotsman was like that miserable, sour, c**t and every Englishman was like that thieving chav who won loadsa money on the lottery, then fair enough, we should hate each other but were not and I dont believe you lot (the sun fearing boys north of the border, ;) :lol: he hee that was a joke!) are, so cant we just get along and have a bit of a laugh at each others expense every now and again?

PS last night was the first time Ive ever cheered for that horse faced kn0b van Nostril-boy anyone do the same?

CMON ENGLAND!!!!!

5. Russ_JDUB Forum Member

Skunk, which pub did you go to in Croydon where the trouble kicked off? A load of us were going to watch the footy in Walkabout but ended up watching it in different places in the end.

I'm Arsenal too; But can proudly say I didn't cheer Ruud! :p ;)

I'm glad the Dutch equalised over the dirty germans though!! ;)

6. GTI

GTI Forum Member

well said skunky.

it's a small minority ruining it for the others (as usual).

on reflection, my experience on sunday was probably nothing more than good natured banter from most of the people there, but the small minority of scots who a) started fights or b) acted as if they were french ("we won! we won!" i heard them shout) turns the atmoshphere round and makes it unpleasant.

BUT. i also think that we brits should stick together and i gets on my tits the way the scots hold a grudge against us. it is pathetic really.

7. darrynK

darrynK Forum Addict

i'm not saying it's not unpleasant, it would be...

but..

the chances of someone actually starting a fight with you in a scottish pub during the match coz you're english is very slim.
    i've been out in pubs/clubs in glasgow with english folk i went to Uni with/work with and never had a spot o bother. During the game, no doubt there would have been insults and jeering n stuff but i could almost bet my lfe on it you could even have stood up on a table and shouted at the top of your voice that you were english and someone would have bought you a pint :)

It's un-nerving in situations like that tho were you don't know what's happening and you do get the occasional ****face like everywhere does but the chances of anyone actually taking a dislike to you in the pub coz you were english are very small.

I'll admit i supported france tho. for two reasons - first being because i detest Beckham and secondly because of the bloody annoying commentators and their persistent references to 1966 during england games... i can't watch an england game (football, rugby, tennis etc) without the tv sound being on minimum because o them. [:x]
    Edited by: darrynK

8. Ramblin Forum Member

hail feckin hail! :clap:

9. scooter2003 New Member

Talking about fights a mate of mine was beaten up by a couple of scot guys outside a pub in gallashields,after he commented on how fine :lol: the scottish football team is,he survived,only had a broken jaw and a smashed eye socket [8(] :o

Anyway why the f*ck do you want to watch sh!tty england anyway?? i wouldn't waste my time watching the jocks [xx(]
    In 20 yrs i have never watched the jocks play in any sport,they dont interested me whats so ever,what is the fascination with the scots watching england play [xx(]

And dont say coz you want to watch them lose,there is a average chance they will win and what a waste of valuable time and beer just with a chance of a loss and then you've got to sit through some commentator constantly going on about 1966 all the time,it really doesn't make any sense to me [8-}]

10. Ramblin Forum Member

widane watch england if they were playin in ma back garden. lol

11. DAVE 2227 Forum Junkie

Never mind 1966 what about 1967 the last time a decent team played in Portugal and whats more they were all Scottish and more so they came home with a first prize also.

12. Ramblin Forum Member

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

So 10 years they had gone and so

to Portugal we had to go, to play the team that Italy adore

Celtic went out to attack

they won the big cup and they brought it back

it's the first time it had been on British shores

Edited by: Ramblin

13. mincecfc2 Forum Member

14. Skunklook Forum Member

Russ_JDub: I was in (ahem) Heroes (cough) [xx(] and it was all ok in there - we were mostly singing "ya going down west brom..." to all the Palace fans which was funny - until three (French Africans I guess) started cheering at the final whistle. Needless to say the rest of the pub didn't like their attitude and felt it necessary to tell them! No trouble still though!

I left there just after that and walked down towards black sheep on my own, and found myself walking along ten feet behing a police baracade! There was bottles and chairs and god knows what flying over their shields at straight at me. It was quite surreal, especially as I'd had a few (?!) beers. Luckily the empty bottle of budweiser that was thrown just before I got into a pub, flew between me and the bouncer I was talking to, and didn't hit us!

I'll be in Heroes again tonight for the second round of insanity if ya about. Say hi, I'll have a white business shirt and a red tie (kinda like the george cross?!).

15. darrynK

darrynK Forum Addict

"England fans in Portugal run amoka second night of riots in portugal"

"A firefighter from Kent has been jailed for two years for rioting in Portugal during Euro 2004, and seven other England fans have received suspended sentences "

:clap:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.