Smoking Ban

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by altern8, Apr 13, 2007.

1. altern8 Forum Junkie

Well we have had the smoking ban in wales for a few weeks now and as a non smoker its great, you go out on the **** and you dont come home stinking of smoke [:D] :clap:

2. Hotgolf

Hotgolf Paid Member Paid Member

agreed, bloody brilliant!

3. keith_lemon

keith_lemon Forum Member

on the edge.... also north wales, close to rhyl
    i thought when visiting scotland it was a good idea - and i smoke...

you can actually wear a set of pants again after having a night out

4. EZ_Pete

EZ_Pete Forum Junkie

If you can find them...

5. keith_lemon

keith_lemon Forum Member

funny you should say that, i`m on msn as we speak negotiating for the release of my boxers from last weekend.... dont wana see her again, but want my boxers back.....

off topic i know but - i never smoked when i was out hahahaha

6. pRot3us Forum Junkie

and everywhere now stinks of p*ss,farts and b.o. :lol: [xx(]

7. mat-mk3

mat-mk3 Administrator Admin

At least that wont kill you though!:lol:

Well maybe a REALLY bad fart might?[:s]

8. keith_lemon

keith_lemon Forum Member

only around where u live haha! here is scag, bag and crack

9. Nordoff Forum Junkie

Anyone see that southpark where the fat guy kept trying to force his opinions on smokers?

WTF was wrong with a lounge and seperate smoking room in pubs?

10. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

ive been out a few times as a non smoker in the last few weeks. was amazed that i came back smelling more of an ashtray than usual.

11. keith_lemon

keith_lemon Forum Member

get your self over to the only place worth being - wales, you`ll go home smelling of English roses

12. Robbie

Robbie Forum Member

..recently visited Scotland - went for a drink, then the usual seat in the smoking area..obviously, there was none. I had a great night, and didnt smoke once - chuffed to bits, as usually a night out burns thru 20..

13. DAVE 2227 Forum Junkie

Pubs ,and pubs only ,should have a choice to be non smoking or smoking.
    The non smoking ones would have the backing of law to enforce it.To me a pub is what the landlord wants it to be and if he decides it to be a place where one can smoke then if you don`t like that then don`t go there.
    This would work as many cities have pubs which are frequented by rival football teams and we all know it would be extremely harmful to your health to go into the wrong ones ,which you wouldn`t do anyway as it would be obvious what type of pub you are going into.
    In Scotland most pubs have areas for smokers and sometimes the non smokers end up sitting inside on their own half the time or go out and join their mates who are smokers.
    What next ,banning drinking from pubs ? Why not, as more people are killed with passive drinking than smoking ever will or did.
    BTW I am an ex smoker and have seen both sides of the ban and it ****es me off hearing non smokers getting on their high horses and condemning smokers.
    Leave them alone as they are a dying breed after all :)

14. Nordoff Forum Junkie

just watching that episode of alan partridge.:lol:

Exactly, y' need to go their before you can preach about it.
    There's no health/financial or spiritual advantage to ragging a car around some B roads but that doesn't mean we should ban that too.
    If you aint been their shut up.
    You want a smoke free environment? go sit in a gym bar, munching celery listening to enya.

15. superden Forum Addict

I'm a non-smoker, never have and I dont agree with a ban.

16. sportline Forum Junkie

why on earth would you disagree with the ban? its there to protect you. and those working in the enviroment.

i cant think for the life in me why you would disagree with it as a non smoker????

please explain.:)

17. superden Forum Addict

I dont recall asking to be protected ? Whilst they are at it, how about they ban other things that pose a far more immediate and realistic threat to us ? Like cars, in fact any kind of motor vehicle that might run us over, or drive into us on the roads. What about alcohol, being beaten up/stabbed by a group of drunken yobs on a Friday night is a more pressing concern for most people than breathing in a bit of smoke that 'might' cause them problems 20-30 years from now. Demonising social minorities or vulnerable/easily accessible groups such as smokers is a convenient way of deflecting attention from failures in other key areas. Perhaps those in charge should be looking to deal with issues that cause far more misery, injury and damage to society than any amount of cigarette smoke ever could. Yes, it may well have an effect on me or for that matter, people I know but if I worried about everything that could cause me harm I'd never get out of bed. In fact, staying in bed can be bad for your health too I should imagine. Ban beds I say, lets all walk around in a state of cat like awareness. In short, I have more important things to be concerning myself with.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2007
  18. VWSaxon

VWSaxon Forum Member

well after that den... i think the bans greeeeeeeeeeeeat :thumbup:

and i think tony sums up how i feel

[​IMG]

19. pRot3us Forum Junkie

:clap:

The ban is b*llocks, in part due to the fact that there is no evidence whatsoever that 'secondary' smoke poses any significant health risk.

20. farquare Forum Member

well you will notice the smell of ****, farts and BO in the pubs for a few months then they all get done up inside and it all fades away.

i was agains it when it came in, but it has made pubs/clubs a much nicer environment to be in.

also as an interesting upshot a few of my mates have ended up dating girls who they got talking to outside pubs and clubs in a pairing off of a persecuted minority.

everybody will be moaning about it for a few months then they will just locate a pair and stop winging then its business as usual.