What would you want to be able to buy..Mk1 / Mk2 only

Discussion in 'VW Heritage (formerly Big Boys Toys)' started by Andy@VWH, Oct 27, 2009.

1. Andy@VWH Club GTI Sponsor and Supporter Trader

We are working really hard to get our prices down guys.. it will happen, there are some parts though that will always cost more than others, due to quality and the cost of buying / shipping / making them.

Keep the ideas flowing - we might not be replying, but its all being taken notice of!!

Andy

2. Dan W

Dan W CGTI Regional Host

Ditto on the window rubbers, need new ones for mine badly!

3. Brownpants Forum Member

I need front wings would be nice to get oe spec set, if big bumpers, skirts, wheel arches, door rubbing strips etc went back into production I would deffo be interested. My drivers door window rubber and scraper could do with replacing as well as boot rubber again if oe would be great

4. somafunk Forum Member

Another one for window scrapers/door seals for an early 1984 3dr Golf gti, i've bought a few sets secondhand but they all leak.

5. d m a lee New Member

all 89/90 spec trim bumpers ect, all door rubbers

6. d m a lee New Member

in fact why don,t they just start making mk2's again:lol:

7. Alpenweiss2 Forum Member

OEM seat fabric for Mk1 and Mk2's

Hi Andy.

It would be really great if you could look into remaking the seat fabric covers for the Gti's. I am talking about new Rainbow seat covers and also all the other styles such as Ultraviolet and the red/white/grey check and yellow/blue/grey check.

All the seats come apart but it is becoming increasingly difficult to source decent drivers side fabric covers, especially on the rainbow seats which only featured on campaign models and later 8/16 valves!

It is really difficult to get an unworn drivers side upright. The bases are not so bad as a passenger side seat fabric can to swapped to the drivers side, but with the uprights on 3 door cars the lever is on the wrong side.

Can you look into this??

8. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

splash shields for brakes, 357 615 311A can be used on mk2 256/280 and are dirt cheap from vw. just rather not have to treck down to them if i can buy from you ;)
    rear polo shields 6N0 615 611/2 also fit mk2 and cheap (have to fit behind stub axles). im also after a boot button seal for mk2 191 827 594, again cheap but a pain to have to go all the way to vw for.

9. pigbladder Forum Addict

dunno if its been said already ..

replacement cloth for the headliner , idealy just like orig but maybe something similar that would last would be a acceptable choice , could sell it with some pukka glue too as thats hard to find something that lasts

10. Andy@VWH Club GTI Sponsor and Supporter Trader

Thanks for the continued ideas guys!

Alpineweiss - seats are a subject close to my heart - i have a loft / workshop full of old covers and bits of seats as i repair them in my spare time... i know exactly what you mean!
    It is something i'm actively encouraging.. the original trim is the best option bar leather, and sometimes it looks better! Mk1 fabric is starting to become available, fingers crossed for the Mk2 stuff.
    Headliner material is a really good idea - aslong as the old one will come off without breaking the headliner board in half!

11. pigbladder Forum Addict

the headliners are fragile and it wouldnt be a easy task , but having the cloth and a suitable glue would be the worst of the worrys out of the way

customers could choose to retrim a non gti panel if thiers is bad , or pay a coach trimmer to sort it out , but as it stands theres nothing close to use

12. Admin Guest

Seat material could be a massive seller, I don't know many people with perfect seats! I'm desperately after the early black/red thick stripe GTI seat material.

Matt.

13. pigbladder Forum Addict

be nice to have cloth off the roll if needed for diy /custom jobbies , and maybe pre made covers for the popular seats that we can fit ourselves

if thats not possible , covers in something similar or in keeping with the mk2 style would be a nice 2nd best

14. gary mc queen New Member

some f//,;'#krs keyed me golf! any ideas for best result without respraying :(

15. murph81 Forum Member

Mk1 Golf Gti arch trims.

16. 3hirty8ight Forum Member

Mk2 Scirocco dashboards :lol:

17. redi

redi Forum Member

Simply unpick the front and back of the seats, take unworn passenger side front with drivers side rear and piping (so the tilt lever hole is on the right side) to a upholsterer to sew toghether. I did this and a place in Andover only charged my 10 to stitch it up. Now have a perfect drivers seat in rainbow.

18. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

even easier than above, use 5 door fabrics. they have no holes ;)

19. Andy@VWH Club GTI Sponsor and Supporter Trader

These will be on the shelf in the next week or so!

Ta

20. murph81 Forum Member

Genuine?