bodybuilder

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by joeb, Sep 12, 2007.

1. inoakgreen Forum Member

not a keen fan of creatine!!!!

we used to have tubs of stuff to make drinks!!! either it was all a whey-typed product or majority whey!!! was supposed to be different to regular tubs of nutritional shakes because it was more/all (cant remember) protien based as apposed to protien/carbs cocktail!!! but this product was for definition, not mass really!!!! and it tasted rank!!!!!! of course thats additional to the 7-steps posted (elucidate)!!

2. inoakgreen Forum Member

heres an 8th step: DISIPLINE!!!!

3. cocobay63 Forum Member

well tbh, just starting out, but the gym instuctor told me, best place to start is to cut down on Crisps and Choclate and eat Fruit and drink water, so im just going on there info atm, lol but yea, protien diets are maybe the way to go, should be plenty on the internet

4. Ben S

Ben S Forum Junkie

Discipline .... yea thanks for that :p

the easiest one was the drink 0 calorie drinks
    quite liked green tea, water is good

he says whilst sipping a coffee .......

doh

just need to get back into it

5. C12AIG Forum Member

Its mainly got to do with what you eat really and how you train.
    Loads of chciken is a big help.

If you want to get big: up your weights and do 3 sets of 6-8 reps.

Since i have changed my diet and done this I have put on a stone in 3 weeks! And my fat levels are the same!

About 2 hours before you go, stack up on chicken and pasta, this gives you the protein and carbs for endurance at the gym. Creatine helps activate the part of your bosy that unlocks energy so it can be helpful tho most of it is physcological.

CJ

6. sutherlandm Forum Junkie

Do each work out like it's your last - Really push the last rep of each set and keep the reps low (under 15) so high weights.

The diet will increase and so will your appetite for meat - I used to constantly crave chicken, steak, etc when I was on my gym mad two years.

7. Admin Guest

Some people in this thread talk absolute nonsense.

Like crazy talk nigga.

8. sutherlandm Forum Junkie

Best tip - Marry a girl who is very into fitness, eats really well and can cook a great meal out of almost nothing.
    Get a veg box delivered every week and make sure you use all of it.

Buy meat from a butcher - it's better and makes it more interesting.

Exercise and work out four times a week at the absolute minimum.

Prof's advice is very good but it's too complicated and expensive for many people.
    Keep it simple!

9. cocobay63 Forum Member

I like the first tip, here, couple at my gym worth a shot, !, lol

10. b'locks Forum Addict

are you seriously trying to tell us that you put on a stone of pure muscle in just 3 weeks.

LMFAO TBH :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

and to the person who's gym instructor told them to eat fruit.... well yeah fruit is important but you don't want to overdo it cos it's full of sugars. you want protein, complex carbs, healthy fats, lots of water, vits & mins, and adequate sleep.

this'll give you a rough idea of how many calories to aim for each day:

http://www.muscletech.com/CALCULATORS/CALORIE/Calorie_Calculator.shtml

11. Admin Guest

Matt - Expensive?

When I started Berardi style my average shopping went down from 60 a week to 25 a week.

And complicated it is not....

12. EZ_Pete

EZ_Pete Forum Junkie

What, the marrying bit? :lol:

13. sutherlandm Forum Junkie

Elucidate - Maybe I didn't look into it enough! I remember having a quick look, realising my diet pretty much sticks to most of his "rules" and moving on.
    Having done pretty well (in fact I completely shocked myself!) in a trail run (where a bit of strength is a major advantage of flat courses that need skinny racing whippets) on Sunday, I'm going to stick to what we currently eat!

Pete - Pretty cheap actually. Just hired a suit, they did the rest!

14. The db

The db Forum Junkie

Yer follow what Elucidate has said, which is along the lines of what Prof would say - whose advice I have taken, and has really changed me as a person. You can find it all online - just jump to google.

Eat 5-7 times a day to rev up your metabolism. Protein is your best friend if your looking to build up muscle. Where possible you should look to get protein from foods in your diet, but if like me your a slightly fussy eater or spend alot of time in an office where you cant cook up meals protein shakes/mrp's (meal replacements) can definately be of benefit. Anything other than water needs to go. I have a glass of pure orange juice each day as part of my 5 a day and to perk me up after a gym workout, but other than that and the occasional beer at the weekend its water water and water for liquid intake.

my current diet isn't perfect, but it is convenient and works for me:

8am - Porridge/Oats/Honey and protein shake for breakfast (sometimes weetabix as porridge can be a bit too much all the time) - if at home sometimes cook omlette (excuse my spelling).

10:45 - probiotic yogurt with banana

1:45 - meal replacement shake (most of rda vitimin allowance)

4:00 - some sort of fruit

6 - chicken/salmon/spag bol (whole weat pasta - and not much of it)

Saturday or Sunday I have a day off just to stop the body getting too used to eating the same stuff all the time and allow myself to have something like a bbq chicken sarnie (brown bread) etc etc.

Normally work out 5 days a week, and always have a protein shake before working out.

So far lost over 3.5 stone, built up muscles and feeling much better. Apart from the odd hangover haven't been ill either - which I think is down to healthier eating/gym routine etc.

15. sutherlandm Forum Junkie

Db - Bloody hell - 3.5 stone?!!!
    That's probably both my legs (and maybe an arm)!!

Nicely done - funny though, I did not far off what you are doing and gained three stone!

16. The db

The db Forum Junkie

Yer I'm a big guy, but I was an even bigger guy back in June!! :lol: :lol: Still got 3 stone I want to get rid of. Got another 1.5 stone to lose before xmas. If I can do that I'll be absolutely chuffed to bits.

17. sutherlandm Forum Junkie

9 weeks, 21lbs - 2 1/3 lbs a week - Reckon it's doable!

18. The db

The db Forum Junkie

Im losing 2lbs a day at times atm!! :lol:

19. Ben S

Ben S Forum Junkie

the calorie calculator wants u to choose between lose weight or build muscle

does that mean its impossible to do both?

20. Admin Guest

The Berardi Gourmet Nutrition/Precision Nutrition is the best 'how to eat to lose weight and build muscle' out there.

Bar none.