Considering Matt Blacking my MK1?

Discussion in 'Styling, Trim and Bodywork' started by montythemole, Aug 18, 2005.

1. mk1vdub Forum Member

yup wheels look great, needs a front spoiler too
    I'm sure I saw it on ebay too....

2. montythemole Forum Member

Yeah it was free listing for cars on ebay so I stuck it up ata tidy profit to see if I'd get a bite, a lot of interest but no bids of the 950 starting!

Striped it today:

[​IMG]
    Edited by: montythemole

3. montythemole Forum Member

Got back from a weeks hols to find the slow puncture on the front ain't so slow, car was sitting so low I couldn't even get the trolley jack under that side. 35 for a new tyre seemed pretty good.

Fitted the duckbill chin spoiler, dropped the front and fitted new shocks. One side had the original non-insert shock in so lead to the inevitable "oh poo" as the fluid leaked all over the garage and workbench. Needed new top mounts too. Car handles SOOO SWEET now just a pity the brakes still suck and the running is getting a bit lumpy, think I need to adjust the webber mixture.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Other than new plates the outsides done, just need to decide what to do with the inside, and whether it'll pass the MOT easily at Xmas. Hopefully so as I want to get it to a few shows next years as think it looks better than a lot of the Rat Look stuff I've seen.

4. ManicGTI Forum Member

[:|].................................

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:[:D]

F-ing Quality. Lovin das MAtt black mk1!!!

Whip those bumpers off!!!! Mini indicators dammit, everyone mk1 should ave em

5. montythemole Forum Member

I do like the bumperless front but haven't yet seen a bumperless rear that looked good. The lights overhang too much I think to get away without a bumoer!

As much as I will miss her, the parking in our street is getting silly and three cars is too much so the Golf has to go. Or so says the Wife but as I just scraped her car trying to squeeze it on the driveway past the Golf I think I have to agree!

We're also looking at buying a new house which means we need to a bit more cash and I don't think the car adds value to the street!

It's up on ebay or open to good offers, someone give it a good home!

ebay link