K-jet Fuel Pressure gauges

Discussion in 'K-Jetronic OEM injection' started by SkyRocketeer, Sep 20, 2008.

1. Brookster

Brookster Paid Member Paid Member

i'm still in just keep me posted.[:D]

Good job i'm booked in at Stealth on Monday to get the MK1 Fuel pressure set - up

2. Broke Forum Member

Having a look at that, I think it is just a duplicate site of JCW... the page layout is 100% the same, the promo code of "parts" on both sites will get free shipping on orders over $75

Both sites list as being in the same city and state.... I suspect carparts.com is just a clone of the JCW site, and as such, they'll be a re-seller, instead of a stocking retailer, and I bet I'll contact them and they'll only have 2 in stock, just like the JCW inventory shows.

I'll have to email them, as they don't include a phone number or any other method of contact, but I woudn't get your hopes up there about them having stock of them[xx(]

Brian

3. Broke Forum Member

Well, I called JCW this morning, to ask about stock again, and to ask about carparts.com

They said they aren't the same place. I said it looks the same. They said, well, they have some parts in our warehouse, but we're completely different companies.
    I said even the promo codes are the same, with the same discounted shipping. She had no answer.

I asked if they had 6 kits in stock, no. I asked when they expected more. The 20th. What? There is an expected date now? The 20th of October? OK.

I looked around Google for info on carparts.com phone number to call... I found car forum threads warning of buying from carparts.com so I'm not sure what would be the best choice.

http://cl.acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=408719
    www.consumeraffairs.com/online/carparts.html

This link shows my original thoughts of them and JCW being associated may be correct http://www.f150online.com/forums/general-discussion/47061-carparts-com-now-jc-whitney.html

I'll stay on it, there is an expecting date, hopefully I can score 6 kits soon, and maybe use this carparts.com pricing to get a discount if they'll do it at JCW. :clap:

Brian

4. chopperoli Forum Member

Brian, sorry you're having to go through with all this chasing up, I suppose we should have checked if there was stock before embarking upon a group buy and sending you funds!! But your efforts are really appreciated :thumbup: Let's just hope there's 6 out there somewhere!

5. mitlom

mitlom Forum Member

Hi Brian,

I have tried, without success to find a contact number for carparts.com as well. Only thing left is to drop their customer services a quick email, which I am more than willing to do if you want?

I took a look at those forum threads, they all seem to be from 2001....I guess things could have chenged as I could find no recent bad publicity anywhere.

Cheers for all your help in getting this sorted!

Tim

6. Broke Forum Member

I managed to locate a number, it isn't a toll-free number, but I'll give them a call tomorrow to ask about how many they have in stock:)

Very possibly, they may have things sorted now, I'll give them a call and see what they sound like:clap:

Brian

7. Broke Forum Member

Right now all 6 spots are claimed, but only 5 have paid... send IMs to Trev16v and tell him you plan to steal his slot[:$] :lol:

8. 2dubnick Forum Junkie

if trev doesnt pay in time, give me a PM and ill send the funds straight away. Im in no rush for the kit now but it is abit of kit that I would find useful:)

9. Trev16v

Trev16v Paid Member Paid Member

Guys,

I am going to do the payment right now. Sorry I didn't do it earlier as promised.

Trev

10. Trev16v

Trev16v Paid Member Paid Member

Now sent. Thanks again for arranging this! Enclosed about 73USD to cover any PayPal fee (hopefully).

11. Broke Forum Member

Right, we have people, we have money, we just have no fuel pressure kits:)

All 6 spots are now filled and paid up;)

I tried calling carparts and they didn't answer, I'll try again later to see if I can contact someone there.

I'll keep checking with JCW about when they'll have more in stock, but the last I heard is the 20th, as soon as they have 6 I'll get them.:clap:

Brian

12. sambo Paid Member Paid Member

Thanks again for sorting all this out!

I do hope i get one of these kits until next month as i am planing a abf conversion on my rado and want to do all fueling setup my self[:D]

13. mitlom

mitlom Forum Member

No problem Sambo I am sure I can sort that for you as you have asked so nicely ;) Once everything is sorted and they are here just give me a nudge to remind me and we will get it sorted [:D]

14. Broke Forum Member

Just posting to let you all know I've called JCW again yesterday, the expected date is still the 20th;)

Brian

15. mitlom

mitlom Forum Member

Kewl, thanks for the update Brian :clap:

16. Broke Forum Member

I've called JCW this morning to check stock again, the girl I spoke too seemed new, and after a bit of fussing around, told me they still don't have them, and wasn't able to tell me when they expected them.... so I think I'll try a few hours from now, try calling again, and see if I can't get some better info from the next operator.:thumbup:

Brian

17. Broke Forum Member

I've called back, they have them in stock, they've been ordered and paid for on my CC, they will be shipping the 6 kits out to me in a day or 2, I'll post when they arrive here and get them sent on to the UK:thumbup:

They had 7 kits left out of an order of 20-30, and were not willing to offer a lower price... and with a demand like that, I'm not surprised. I'm more surprised about how many CIS kits are being sold.:lol:

At any rate, they're ordered:clap:

Brian

18. Brookster

Brookster Paid Member Paid Member

Excellent , keep us posted.

19. Broke Forum Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

To be heading to the UK shortly:thumbup:

Brian

20. SkyRocketeer

SkyRocketeer Forum Member

Looking good. Nice one Broke.

All those in on the GB - check your inbox ;)