K-jet Fuel Pressure gauges

Discussion in 'K-Jetronic OEM injection' started by SkyRocketeer, Sep 20, 2008.

1. sambo Paid Member Paid Member

Any update on this?
    Anyone volunteered to accept shipment?

2. Broke Forum Member

Not yet, and it has got to go, someone get me an address.:thumbup:

Brian

3. Trev16v

Trev16v Paid Member Paid Member

I did PM SkyRocketeer the other week to say that I could accept the shipment, but there is the issue that I don't think I'm near anyone else who is having a set (I'm nowhere near Bristol for starters, and I thought that a lot of buyers are from that area) and so therefore it'd mean everyone paying postage, but other than that I don't mind at all.

Bear with me though because I'm just waiting to find out if my workplace will allow me to have it sent to the office.

Trev

4. sambo Paid Member Paid Member

Same as me

I am in blackpool and really dont mind accepting shipment but it looks i will have to be posting them to everyone

Unless they arrive before 23 and i could take them to dony track day and you could pick them up if you are coming or maybe get someone else you know to pick up if he/she is going

Just an idea

5. 2dubnick Forum Junkie

Well just flicked throu the thread and it turn out no one in bristol ended up ordering one:lol:, looks like your all over the country.

6. SkyRocketeer

SkyRocketeer Forum Member

I was kinda hoping there be a couple of folks near each other, as then there wouldn't be as much hassle for posting stuff forward if one or two people could collect in person.

Is anyone going to the trackday at donny? if so then that may well be an option.

Trev - please find out if you can accept good from abroad at work, as this may end up saving a few quid in courier/customs fees - though it's a bit of a grey area for me, so you'd have to do your homework on that one.

We kinda need to sort our asses out a bit, as currently Broke has a box of our stuff sat around collecting dust waiting to know where to send it.. :)

7. Trev16v

I *think* it's going to be okay to get it sent to my wife's workplace. Just need to confirm when she gets back later.

8. SkyRocketeer

Please do check, as I don't want anyone feeling stitched up when presented with a bit for VAT and import tax..

9. Trev16v

I'm not worried about having to cover the VAT charge in the meantime.

And what determines the VAT and Customs charge is just all down to what Broke states on the waybill I think, and then I get presented with a total fee to pay - simple as that really. I expect that Broke will state a value that's minimal (but within reason).

The only thing I really needed her to clear with her workplace was that they won't be too bothered if the company itself gets sent the invoice for the VAT and charges. Because if you get something from abroad sent to you at your workplace, this is the kind of messy thing that can happen. If it's a matter of giving a cheque to the guy who brings it off the van that's great.

I take it that everyone is prepared to pay X amount for postage from me and another X amount for VAT and Customs?

Anyway I'm sure it will all be fine - give me a few hours and I'll hopefully be able to send the address over.

Cheers

Trev

10. PeteGLi New Member

Just to confirm that I am happy to pay postage and share of VAT/Customs charge, unless you are in Essex, Trev16v, when I could collect to avoid postage.

On the VAT point, I got charged VAT on the Dollar value the first time I bought something from the States, which afterwards I thought was a bit over the top, considering the Sterling value was half the dollar rate!

I have been lucky since and not had to pay on other items.

11. chopperoli Forum Member

Yes that's fine whoever is able to accept the main shipment and post out the individuals, of course we will all pay that person up front for VAT/Customs fees and UK P&P respectively.

I would volunteer but I am moving house and can't do this. If you can Trev, that's great.

Cheers

12. Trev16v

Address sent to Broke.

13. sambo Paid Member Paid Member

Nice one Trev, let us know what the charges are if there is going to be any and how much postage is going to cost

Unless you know anyone who is going to do dony track day

Thanks bud

14. SkyRocketeer

Trev - top bloke :thumbup: Hope it works out to be hassle free - let me know if I can help in any way.

15. Trev16v

Opinions please guys?

16. sambo Paid Member Paid Member

I would say insurances are preety useless, you never get right compensation in this world if anythings go wrong!

How about insuring the parcel for $300 or something?

I really dont mind whatever you guys decide, i am easy:)

17. altern8 Forum Junkie

I havent read start to begging whats the jist?

18. Broke Forum Member

How does $90 claimed value sound? The package is automatically insured for something like $90 based on the weight, so the VAT on less than 50 quid shouldn't be bad, and I'll mark it as a gift.

I'll ship it in the next few days.

Brian

19. Brookster

Brookster Paid Member Paid Member

sounds good that one, split it between us all.:thumbup:

20. Trev16v

This sounds good Brian.

My only thoughts regarding marking it as a gift is that there are several of these things in one box, so if they were to open it, they'd probably question whether it's really a 'gift'.