K-jet Fuel Pressure gauges

Discussion in 'K-Jetronic OEM injection' started by SkyRocketeer, Sep 20, 2008.

1. Broke Forum Member

They'll know without opening it, the US Customs form I have to fill out makes me list what is inside. 6 pieces each worth $15 (according to what I told them), so your UK people will know it is 6 things right away.

I'll still lie and say it is a gift, but there is also the chance your UK customs will simply ignore the "gift" box being marked, and will treat it how they want.:lol:

Brian

2. Brookster

Brookster Paid Member Paid Member

r we all on for collecting on Sunday at Donny Tack day ?

3. Trev16v

Trev16v Paid Member Paid Member

I'm not going, and I don't have them yet anyway. They'll all have to be posted out.

4. Broke Forum Member

When I didn't hear any other input from the other folks, I assumed there were no objections to the plan, so it was sent out earlier this week.... so I hope everyone is cool with the plans, cuz it's too late now:lol:

I took it to the post office Monday night, it was entered into their system on the 18th, was in Chicago and has left I think on the 19th.

It'll be the middle of next week, maybe the end of next week before it gets to the UK shores and to your customs, then from there I'm not sure on the time for the UK mail to route it to the final address, but it shouldn't be too long.

You can see when it reaches the UK (but not any further than that) with this link... http://trkcnfrm1.smi.usps.com/PTSInternetWeb/InterLabelInquiry.do?origTrackNum=cp663662276us

Click Additional Details to see the tracking results.

Brian

5. Trev16v

Thanks Brian - thanks for doing all this!

6. Trev16v

Good news is that the gauges have now landed and they're in my house.

There didn't appear to be any import charge either. However, if any letter should turn up out of the blue at a later stage, or if it turns out that the University my wife works for has paid the charge (as it was delivered to there) then I'll have to demand a few more quid later on.

So if you guys could PM me with your addresses and I'll get them sent out when I can. Please let me know if it's possible for any of them to be sent together in one jiffy bag. You can then just send me the postage money once they've been sent out, as I'll know exactly how much it has cost then. Finally, please let me know how desperate you are to get your set. I will probably take them to the post office during next week if that's okay.

Thanks again to everyone for setting this up and to Broke for kindly shipping them over.

7. Broke Forum Member

Pfft. So much for that tracking site. I checked it again just before checking CGTI and it showed no change... still in transit to the UK. Useless.

I'm glad they've arrived, and I take it that USPS and Royal didn't manage to damage anything in the process?

They're very handy kits to have when troubleshooting, I've had my kit for a few years now.

Brian

8. mitlom

mitlom Forum Member

Trev,

Where abouts in the country are you located? I travel about a fair bit with work so may be able collect mine from you, if that is OK? If anyone wants to pick them up from me, I am based in the Midlands....may also be able to arrange to ship out from the office (as already offered to Sambo)

Cheers,

Tim

9. Trev16v

Hi Tim,

I live in Wantage, Oxfordshire; during the week (Monday to Thursday) I stay over in Mitcheldean, Gloucestershire for my present contract work.

Trev

10. mitlom

mitlom Forum Member

I can get someone to pick up from you in Mitcheldean if that is OK, have friends that live in Cinderford....down there this weekend funnily enough.

11. sambo Paid Member Paid Member

Happy they arrived!:thumbup:

If you pick some of these kits will you still be able to post mine?[:D]

12. mitlom

mitlom Forum Member

Yeah shouldn't be a problem....

Trev,

You have PM mate ;)

Tim

Last edited: Nov 29, 2008
  13. Trev16v

Sorry I'm taking ages to send the last few out (two of the sets are with their owners, but three are waiting to be posted out). I've been poorly over the last week. Intending to post them this week.

14. Brookster

Mine just arrived Cheers Trev

pm'd you regarding the bill !!

15. chopperoli Forum Member

Excellent, I have mine now. Thanks to Trev and Broke for this group buy. Trev expect paypal v soon

16. Brookster

how much do we owe for postage ?