Mk3.5 cabrio > agu 1.8 turbo conversion

Discussion in 'Mk3' started by Alanw., Oct 9, 2016.

1. Alanw. Forum Member

Single plug with blue wire , earth next to it for alt , then other end earth to battery and a black plug for somewhere lol

2. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

right thats the speedo sender then, near the back of the gearbox :)

thats the old alternator loom yup, if the 2 pin plgu fits the mk4 alternator quids in just bung it on there and sorted. the big cable is the live output not an earth tho ;) 1 end to big stud on alt, the other to the big starter motor stud

3. Alanw. Forum Member

If the black plug fits the alt where does the other end go ?

4. rubjonny

there should be a single pin plug near the starter with a blue wire for it, hopefully the loom builder left it in...

5. Alanw. Forum Member

Connector on the alt is a half moon type , that's on the mk4 part , just connect them up then to use the mk3.5 loom

6. rubjonny

right if its later type on alt then can splice the mk3 end on the blue wire and bin the other 3 wires. Need to find the car side of the mk3 though, just in case theres a mk4 4 pinplug hidden somewhere. worth asking the loom builder perhaps? as i say factory mk3 its next to the starter motor so look around there

7. Alanw. Forum Member

I won't get my hopes up ! Had to go pick my girl up from school now , will be back with the car tomorrow be ready john lol !!

8. Alanw. Forum Member

Couple I forgot to add today :/
    Sure this goes to the power steering pump , only noticed today that one wire has snapped :(
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 26, 2017
  9. Alanw. Forum Member

Sorry for adding all these plug pics , I'm so paranoid about having them plugged in the wrong port and something going wrong , I thought it was plug for plug but it's not , some plugs can go in a range of sensors it seems , the loom was meant to be labelled up for me but no
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 26, 2017
  10. Alanw. Forum Member

11. Alanw. Forum Member

Ordered a throttle cable and lambda sensor aswell today , hopefully not long now

12. rubjonny

1. pas pump, can be deleted or if you add the mk4 switch to your pump you can connect it up

2. Is that on the mk3 or mk4 loom? dont recognise wire colours on that one, can you check under the plastic tubing a bit further up see if its had a different plug spliced on or something

3. carbon canister valve thingy, its on the driver side suspension turret I think on the mk3

13. Alanw. Forum Member

Nope can't find any blue wire for the alt anywhere in the loom near the starter

14. Alanw. Forum Member

That plug is in the old mk3 loom comes out from the bulkhead by the pass side sus turret

15. Alanw. Forum Member

Only single plug I have got I presume goes to the starter , single plug red/black wire .

16. rubjonny

aha, i think it might be brake pad warning then

best ask the loom builder what he did with your alternator wire then, or start stripping the tape back from start back and hopefully you'll find it

17. Alanw. Forum Member

The builder is being an **** , I used one of the services on eBay , thirsk tuning . He's had my money and now he's not replying to any of my messages . I've opened up a case on eBay to try and get my money back . I've just chucked the battery on to see if I've got any dash lights etc . Connected the batt , even without the keys in all the needles on my dials are pulsing and all brake lights are stuck on ?!?!

18. rubjonny

brake lights is probably the switch been knocked, push the brake pedal and yank the end of the switch out to fully extend, then release pedal to reset

with the dash lights, the G1/5 earth might have been missed that can send clocks funny. it should earth to the side of the head but anywhere will do really, its a brown/white wire, might have left it dangling in the bay somewhere for you

19. Alanw. Forum Member

When I turn the key to click 2 as such to start there's nothing but at least the needles stop moving haha

20. Alanw. Forum Member

Only one I can find is a yellow/brown by the coils which I've earthed to the rocker cover