Rate the last film you watched .........2010

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by DAVE 2227, Sep 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deako Paid Member Paid Member

Agree. Fantastic film. Totally empathise with Caesar in the film. A truly outstanding re-imagining of a classic.

Rise of The Planet of The Apes - 10/10 as well.

Also Captain America - The First Avenger - 8/10. Really enjoyed it, and it ties in nicely with The Avengers. I wondered how they were going to bring it up to date, but the last 10 minutes are great. :thumbup:

2. fthaimike Forum Addict

Yes and i think you get even more into Apes if your an animal lover as it is quite a touching film.

Can't wait for the next ones now....

3. PeeJay Forum Junkie

Anyone seen the new Inbetweeners Film yet? I'm dearly hoping it's great and not another Ali-G / Kevin and Perry ****biox.

4. lard44 Forum Member

Whilst on holiday I watched...

Fast & Furious 5 - starts sloooooow until you get to the driving bits. 10/10 for car pr0n but about 7.5/10 overall

Cars 2 - first majorly disappointing Pixar movie to me. Didn't make much sense, the missus fell asleep and I had to explain to her who the baddie was. 4/10

Crazy Stupid Love - I lost the toss of a coin with the missus - 5/10 - forgettable romcom pap with a couple of funny moments

Glee 3D - I'm big enough to admit it. 2/10. Had the movie been out a week earlier I assure you that there would have been no rioting in the streets. They'd have torn down the cinemas instead. Schmaltzy sickly nonsense. The 2 marks are for her...
    [​IMG]

5. Admin Guest

The Golden Compass 8/10 great Childrens film that adults can enjoy.
    Shame they haven't got round to making the other two yet that complete the series.

6. StuMc

StuMc Moderator and Regional Host - Manchester Moderator

The Skin I Live In - 9/10

Sinister Spanish film starring Antonio Banderas (brilliant) and the gorgeous Elena Anaya (reminiscent of a younger Penelope Cruz but with better breasts!)

[​IMG]

Won`t give away the plot in case you want to see it, but it has a brilliant twist that will make you go; FFFFFFUUUUUUU!!! :o

7. fthaimike Forum Addict

Super8 8/10 really enjoyed it.

8. antinkariba

antinkariba Forum Member

The Imbetweeners Movie. 8/10. Funny as hell.

9. G60KG

G60KG Forum Member

super8 And captain america. Loved super8 very well set and believable. Captain America tying in very well with Ironman and Thor so cant wait for the follow on.

10. NatsABF

NatsABF Forum Member

Captain America - 8/10. Very funny, a few geeky nods and builds up nicely for the Avengers next yeat

The World's Fastest Indian 8/10 - starring Anthony Hopkins about an elderly guy trying to break the land-speed record in a 1920 Indian motorcycle in the 60s. I really wasn't sure about it but it was really gripping and you end up seriously rooting for AH's character

11. G60KG

G60KG Forum Member

I saw an old AH film the other day with Nicole Kidman. Very good film where AH spends his life pretending to be white when he was actually supposed to be black. Oh and Nicole Kidman wasnt watching it with me but was co starring in the film :lol:

12. Deako Paid Member Paid Member

The Inbetweeners - 8/10. Very funny. Following same slapstick humour as the series. Must see if a fan of the show.

13. Ben S

Ben S Forum Junkie

I reckon it was 9/10 and thankyou CorradoPhil for introducing this film to us. AH plays Burt Monroe, whose speed record for 1000cc streamlined bike still seems to be intact as of 2010. Epic win tbh :thumbup:

14. corradophil Forum Member

;)No worries, I did wonder if it would appear in here.

I'd give The Worlds Fastest Indian a 10/10, would say 9/10, but can't think how it could be improved.

I's also say it would appeal to people not interested in cars and bikes etc. It takes a little while for the story to build but it is worth being patient with.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2011
  15. fthaimike Forum Addict

Yes the worlds fastest indian is a cracking film and loved the character he played in it.

16. PeeJay Forum Junkie

Another 8/10 for the Inbetweeners, so funny, even if I did spend most of it peaking at the screen through my fingers, it's so cringworthly! Especially as it brings back a lot of images of my mates and I on Holiday about 15 years ago.

I like the way it doesn't try to tie eveything up neatly and bring the whole thing to an end, they could easily do another movie, or a couple more TV shows, but on the otherhand there wern't any cliffhangers ether.

17. mickey taker

mickey taker Forum Member

fast and furious five , great fun as long as you dont try to take it to seriously 9/10
    green hornet excellant 10/10

18. lacking motivation New Member

Limitless with Robert De Niro, the worst movie i've seen him in....4/10

19. salsheikh Forum Member

i thought the green hornet was crap. could and should have been so much better.

20. salsheikh Forum Member

crap film, waste of time. i FFWD most of the movie it was really bad. good idea, crap script/movie.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.