Rate the last film you watched .........2010

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by DAVE 2227, Sep 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. salsheikh Forum Member

2. Miss Psyclodia

Miss Psyclodia Forum Junkie

Holy Mountain. .... 8/10 It is really weird and mental but the visuals are stunning.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2011
  3. Admin Guest

as thought a large amount of Hollywood licence has gone into this film, why can't they just follow the plot of the book, rather than nicking bits from here and there?

an example Tintin already knows Captain Haddock in the book, but in the film is introduced to him.[:s][8(]

4. jonk710

jonk710 Forum Member

I remember when I was a lad getting the books out the library along with Asterix books. Long time ago now

5. Admin Guest

One day i'll buy the full set of them, both Tintin and Asterix.

Public Enemies 5/10 drivel, to long, to slow and poor. The all star cast did not save it, the camera work/quality was shocking in places

6. aidanb22 Forum Member

Watched Human Centipede 2 last night, and the original a couple of weeks ago.
    Wouldn't recommend either, more because they are rubbish than gory. The main bloke in the 2nd one was made for that part though, vile!

7. Miss Psyclodia

Lolita By Stanley Kubrick.

7/10 I enoyed itbut alot of hidden meaning to it.

8. TheSecondComing Forum Addict

That was panned by a lot of the critics at the time, moreso than the new version which was pretty graphic (in a disguised sort of way, i.e. her having anal with him and that isn't grapically shown), but I thought the first version was far better.

9. Miss Psyclodia

I want to read the book it seems really sinister.

I just looked, I did watched the original 1962.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2011
  10. dragonfly

dragonfly Paid Member Paid Member

Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows
    Sherlock Holmes has always been the smartest man in the room...until now. There is a new criminal mastermind at large-Professor Moriarty - and not only is he Holmes' intellectual equal, but his capacity for evil, coupled with a complete lack of conscience, may actually give him an advantage over the renowned detective. When the Crown Prince of Austria is found dead, the evidence, as construed by Inspector Lestrade, points to suicide. But Sherlock Holmes deduces that the prince has been the victim of murder-a murder that is only one piece of a larger and much more portentous puzzle, designed by Professor Moriarty. The cunning Moriarty is always one step ahead of Holmes as he spins a web of death and destruction

I really enjoyed this second instalment to go as far as to say i think it's better than the first one!

8 chess moves out of 10.

11. salsheikh Forum Member

looking forward to watching this.

i saw killer elite on sat and it was a long movie and it was ok. would only give it a 6/10.

12. jbelly New Member

Went and saw Sherlock with the mrs last night, 10 out of 10 very good :thumbup:

13. g_singh Forum Member

The Tourist - 7/10 enjoyable but no classic.

14. dragonfly

dragonfly Paid Member Paid Member

Mission Impossible 4

Yep another Mission but I found this one different from the rest. It stands alone, the stunts are good, funky gadgets (including the BMW i8), strong product placement and the the obligatory dive down a shaft.

At the end of the film I found I had forgotten what had happened at the start but not in a bad way.

The team is on their own with no back-up and a lot of things tend to be a little too convenient.

It's worth a watch as as another action instalment.

7 BMW's out of 10.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2011
  15. PeoplesCar Forum Member

Serpico - Al Pacino 1972 - True story about a cop who wouldn't take bribe money 9/10

The International - Clive Owen 2009 - Slick, Fast moving conspiracy thriller ( according to the Observer :-) 7/10

Some of it was filmed at VW's Autostadt - some cool bonus features showing you some of the amazing architecture at the Autostadt - A bargain 1 DVD from CEX. Loved the Bonus bits and the film wasn't bad either :-)

16. G60RCaol Forum Member

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo...

9/10 - about as good as big budget (i suppose?) films get i think.

Sherlock Holmes 2...

7/10 - doesn't help i was given the wrong ticket, so walked into the cinema thinking i've missed the first 30s - then when everyone started what i thought was needing the toilet at the 'opening' credits i clicked. I'd seen the final 10 mins of the film.

2 hours later went back to watch the rest, it was good, not great- but definately worth a watch.

17. salsheikh Forum Member

shame the americans nicked the idea after the original swedish version was so good. i dont know if i wanna watch the american version...

saw horrid henry and johnny english 2 with my sons, give both 5/10 and no more.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.