Corrado 2.0L 16v - GSXR throttle body project

Discussion in 'Throttle bodies & non-OEM ECUs' started by bazmcc, Dec 8, 2011.

1. bazmcc Forum Member

sorry.

Been working on wiring and the handbrake and gear shifter for the dash swap so the engine got sidelined a bit. I got the block powdercoated. I have some cleanup work to do on it before I can think about putting it together. Between that and a load of other work I have plenty to keep me busy but I will hope to start the engine build shortly. I still need a decent vernier pulley and I'm not really happy about getting a non pegged one so still on the lookout for a pegged one of those.

2. bigbenbird Forum Member

Any updates on this?

3. bazmcc Forum Member

Sorry, I've been totally AWOL.

I wish there was more to tell but it's been a pretty quiet project. I had a few other things getting in the way including a MK2 GTI with some issues, rebuilding a couple of other cars, a business, and some employment issues (I lost my job). However, things are looking up these days and going pretty well. I'm getting loads of work done at the minute so hopefully the rado engine won't be far behind. My friend is currently working on the intake runners for me and we have some parts made for the throttle bodies. He got sidelined by a sub contract for making supercar parts so my project stuff had to be set aside for a bit. Check this out. Took me ages to find one of these:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. fasteddie

fasteddie Banned

Good to see you back on, what's the mk2 you have [:[]

5. bazmcc Forum Member

I managed to find a wee 3dr 16v GTI. Just over 60K miles. Real solid shell, leather interior etc. Bit rough round the edges but will tidy up pretty well. Just need to get some time to get stuck into it.

6. bazmcc Forum Member

One more thing Eddie.

How much does it take to get a 16v head tidied up? Just a light porting and polishing really.

7. fasteddie

fasteddie Banned

Sounds Good, solid shells are had to come by now and the leather will set her apart

What head you going with ?
    ABF are the best out of the box, Port work, are you looking me to do this or recommend someone ?

8. bazmcc Forum Member

Because it's the late 9a corrado it comes with the ABF head as standard. I thought I might as well have it tidied up a bit while everything was apart. If you can give me a quote or even pass me someone's details who can give me a quote it would be good. I was going to do it myself but i'm struggling to find time. It would be good to have an idea of how much it might cost.

9. bazmcc Forum Member

Remember this old project? lol

Putting my throttle bodies together tonight. Making up the custom tabs to bridge the levers. This is the prototype. I've forgotton how to put the damn throttle cable end back together.
    TBs are all extended.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Tristan

Tristan Paid Member Paid Member

I just bent them towards each other.

11. twolitrepinto Forum Member

This is making me want to put some bike carbs on my ABF.

The huge ABF plenum is a pain on my mk2. The intake pipe has no room near the master cylinder and keeps rubbing the resevoir.
    In turn this has required me to replace 2 sets of rubber seals in my M/C.

doing this would solve all my problems, plus a little more poke/response hopefully.
    great excuse to get rid of it all lol

12. Nige

Nige Paid Member Paid Member

So did I....

I`m don`t think the aluminium blocks will work. The screws are there to balance the butterflys so they all open at the same time from idle. If you fit the solid blocks of aluminium, you can`t balance them up. ?

13. bazmcc Forum Member

Yes I was working on the block (just one so far so I can get it set perfect) last night. I got one set perfect so I'll just need to make it again only more accurate. I have access to a CNC mill so there's no problem making them fit although I like working with aluminium by hand too.

So once the valves all open at the same time, is there any reason to move them or adjust them again?

P.S. does anyone have a parts diagram for these 750 SRAD throttle bodies? I think i'm missing a washer.

14. fasteddie

fasteddie Banned

15. bazmcc Forum Member

Yes I know - It's taking bloody ages. Doing my head in not having time to get some work done on it.

Now at least I have a bit of garage space to get back at it. Hope to have the bottom end built up within the next couple of weeks.