Jolfa's FAQ / How to guide to bike carbs

Discussion in 'Throttle bodies & non-OEM ECUs' started by Jolfa, Dec 16, 2008.

1. little16v New Member

hello

what other models of bike carbs can be added on a 1.8 KR with the same modifications like the zx9rs?

thanks

2. little16v New Member

what other motorcycle carbs can i use?

thanks

3. mookie Forum Member

I'd all over this if I thought I could maintain affordable MPG - late 20's to early 30's?

Anyone manage this on a carbed setup?

4. shaz8389

shaz8389 Forum Junkie

I think you can get it if you tune them right. The noise is worth it...

5. cdo1979 New Member

Ive got aset 30mm carbs off a 600 yamaha will they work

6. Rusty Dan Forum Member

What is the deal with wiring from the ECU, what is needed and not needed anymore with the conversion? Just a thought for those that want to tidy their bay up a wee bit.

Cheers

Rusty

7. K-Jet New Member

So, do you run the in-tank pump AND the bike pump, or just run the bike pump and draw fuel over the stationary in-tank pump?

8. Rusty Dan Forum Member

From what I have read you just replace the fuel pump with the bike pump or facet redtop and leave the in tank pump in.

9. Jolfa

Jolfa Forum Junkie

Are people just looking at the pictures or what?! All these questions are answered in the first post ffs, read it!

10. K-Jet New Member

Okay okay, so use the in-tank pump to feed the bike pump then... :thumbup:

11. booboo Forum Member

facit redtop pumps are cool, when i installed a holley 750cfm carb on my tbird i had to get 7psi of fuel and they pump out around 7.5 . i didnted get a regulator to lower it , all i did was adjust the floats on the carb itself. surely bikew carbs must have this sort of thing ????? and with that installed i went from 17-23mpg down to 10 at its best lol anyone thought of using a carb off a more chunky bike rather than a superbike like a r1 you could get one off a big harley as would have different sort of power maybe????????????

12. Jolfa

Jolfa Forum Junkie

Yes :)

Plus if your pump happens to pack up, the lift pump will be enough to feed the carbs by itself (as I found out) but I wouldn't just use the lift pump by itself otherwise...

booboo, I can't really make much sense of your post, but the easiest, cheapest and best way to feed bike carbs is with a bike pump - they run at the right pressure and stop pumping once the carbs are full too :thumbup:

13. G60KG

G60KG Forum Member

Would this setup work on a Corrado 16v with a 9a and ke motronic ecu etc..

14. wippy748s Forum Member

i put some on my 8v a few years ago, i used yam r6 carbs and didnt use a pressure regulator at all, the carbs have an inlet and return to the tank and just the pressure running through the inlet was enough, here is a little vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAdOH-M8rDk

15. Jolfa

Jolfa Forum Junkie

Can't watch the vid, but R6 carbs are the same as R1 carbs (I've had a couple of sets) and as per any other set of bike carbs I've had they only have a fuel in, no return.

You didn't do what I've seen so many people try and do did you and just plumb the fuel into the breathers or coolant channels? [><]

No idea on the Corrado question. If the spark management is seperate from the standard fuel gubbins there'll be no problem. If it's in some way linked I don't have a clue [:p]

16. gnasher New Member

in the early stages of doing this to my 16v just out of interest jolfa ive been led to believe that only 1998-2001 r1 carbs can be used?do you know if this is true,a friend of a friend as got some 2007 r1 carbs going cheap dya know if id have probs fitting these:thumbup:

17. Jolfa

Jolfa Forum Junkie

I've yet to see a set of bike carbs that aren't suitable, my mate has some from the 80's by the looks of things from mystery bike and they're fine.

I think the difference with newer carbs is that they have a TPS, which isn't essential unless you're using some kind of aftermarket management :)

18. gnasher New Member

oh rite i see,ill have at look at these hes got then,cheers

19. gnasher New Member

sorry to bug you again jolfa checked these carbs out this morning there mint and couldnt turn them down for the price,like you said theve got a tps on them,do you no if i just leave it unplugged?im gunna be running the standard 16v dizzy ecu etc:thumbup:

20. jamez Forum Member

I tought that post 2001 R1's didn't use carbs but trottle bodies ?