My 20vT MK2

Discussion in 'Members Gallery' started by Richard Mk2, Dec 22, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Richard Mk2

Richard Mk2 Paid Member Paid Member

My Mk2 so far!!! :thumbup:

Hi there everyone. Just thought Id put some pics up of my Mk2 Golf 1.8 Driver J-reg late 1992 model. Ive had it for about 10 months now, since my last two mk2s were both written off by some idiot drivers.

Anyway, after searching for a nice solid mk2, (which had to be a 3dr & black), I found one advertised on auto trader. It was only a 1.8 driver but as it was so mint I had to buy it, plus it had only had one owner!!!

As the months have gone by ive done a few mods in my spare time. Firstly I bought a complete set of new Big Bumpers, which really transformed the look of the car. Then I replaced the wheels with the set off my old Mk2, along with smoked headlights & indicators, single debagged grill, 16v rear lights and smoked side repeaters.

The car was coming along nicely but I hated the ride height, it looked like a 4x4 lol

As Gti International 2008 was coming up I decided to buy a new set of O.M.P shocks and 60mm Spax springs, which really transformed the handling drastically.
    As soon as the suspension was on, it was straight to the garage to get my straight through exhaust pipes fitted, which I had bought from Volksbits, along with a twin 3 stainless back box. It sounds really good!
    So it was off to Gti International with my car all done as I wanted.
    I replaced the tired Driver box with a GTi 8v box, which felt much quicker between the gears.

Full service was then needed so bought some DubPower performance HT leads, mated with a set of NGK's!

Bought a complete MINT set of 90spec Gti interior, which are 100times better than the standard driver s**t seats. Will upload some pics of them soon.

Next thing will be a weber(or twin) in place of the Pireberg, and hopefully off to TSR for some boring out and a polished head, ready for Gti 09

The pictures start from when I first bought the car, along its journey, to how it is now!!!
    Let me know what you think!!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 26, 2014
  2. nealey Forum Junkie

how low is that at the back?

3. Richard Mk2

Heres my Brothers Golf

Used to be a 1.3 but was turned into a 2.0 8v beast!!!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 21, 2010
  4. N/B

N/B Forum Member

If you can score some rims like your brother's (Azev As), then I'd see an improvement.
    I like the bumpers, but put the number plate in the middle. Looks fine on your bro's car.
    Otherwise looks like a really, really tidy Mk2 fella ;)

5. Richard Mk2

Cheers mate.

Yea the Azevs are class.

Ive got a set of polished Schmidt Moderns 15x8 , but don't want to fit them just yet. Plus its a daily driver at the mo and dont want to get em kurbed...

I always take the plate off at shows tho. The old bill hate it. The amount of times i used to get pulled in my Red one for having it in the window lol. but it does look better without one.

6. Jolfa

Jolfa Forum Junkie

:clap: :thumbup:

7. Richard Mk2

Got some pics of the 90spec interior i got my hands on... They are in MINT condition!!! :thumbup:

Im so glad to have got rid of the flat, uncomforable standard Driver seats... They were terrible LOL... and were doing my back some damage. Pics were taken with the crap camera phone :lol:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here another one after a good polish!!!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 8, 2009
  8. Richard Mk2

Will update with some more once i get my digital camera back off my Bro, which hes been borrowing for ages .:thumbup:

9. EZ does it Forum Member

Lovely paint in that last pic, looks like the door could do with a lift though, think theres a thread in chassis at the mo explaining how its done :thumbup:

10. Genome

Genome Forum Member

Looking really nice, its gonna look x1000 better with the Schmidts on.

:thumbup:

11. Richard Mk2

Yea i know, i cant wait to get the stretched tyres for them and get em on. :thumbup:

Ive got a replacement door for it in the garage as its gone a little rusty on the bottom, probably why its dropped slighty. Its the only thing letting the bodywork down at the moment!!! :thumbd:
    Also want to get it sprayed up in its original colour, put the rims on, tidy up the engine bay and a slap a new suspension setup on.
    Its gonna be a busy few months for the Golf so watch this space guys !!!:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Last edited: May 31, 2009
  12. enc. Forum Member

Heading in the right direction Richard ;)

Interior lookin good too :thumbup:

Cant imagine Near 20 year old ford seats looking in as good condition :)

13. sam-ski Forum Member

you dont buy pre stretched tyres.....

you get a smaller width and then have them put on which makes them stretched....

14. Richard Mk2

Yea i know mate...

Anyway, Ive been looking at some Borbet A's lately and they seem to be catching my eye more then my smidcht moderns. Theres a US Jetta in the new PVW mag (page 80) this month and the wheels on it look well nice. They are flat cap Borbet A's, look like 9x16's in the pic. I might consider buying a set... Theres some good deals on rimstyle.com
    So i might be selling my smidcht's soon so keep an eye out in the parts for sale section. :thumbup:

Last edited: Apr 11, 2009
  15. Richard Mk2

Some more pics

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Heres some pics after i gave it a good polish up and clean.
    Decided to get rid of the eyebrow, looks much better now!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 31, 2009
  16. Richard Mk2

Ive got this to go on soon to!!!!!!!!! :thumbup:

[​IMG]

17. Jolfa

Jolfa Forum Junkie

It looks great, really, but the front reg plate being there absolutely kills it!

18. Richard Mk2

Cheers mate. Yea i was thinking the same actually. I might put the plate in its original place 2moro. Wish i didn't have to have it on the front at all, it looks so much better without one.

I just read your thread not long ago when you went to the Nurberg ring. Cant believe your gearbox went while you were there mate. What a nightmare trying to get it fixed over there... You'd thought they would of known there stuff, but obviously not!!!

Gotta say tho, your Mk2 looks well nice in silver with them rare Rims and the rallye lights. You dont see many Mk2s in that colour!
    This pic just proves it mate... Well Nice :thumbup:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 10, 2009
  19. antinkariba

antinkariba Forum Member

I agree, looks good, but the number plate location is not my thing... sitll though lay your rear wiper flat!!! Looks a million times better!!!:thumbup: :thumbup:

20. Jolfa

Jolfa Forum Junkie

Cheers chief! [:D]

Just put your reg in your window or something, not ideal (being illegal an' all but most Police won't bother about it) but if you're dead set against having it in the proper recess it'll look a damn sight better in the window than where it is now!

And yea, do the wiper takes no time at all and does tidy up the rear abit :thumbup: click me